Ch. 2 Set sail

M/N's POV
It's been three days since I met Luffy, and I can already tell that Luffy is the kind of guy who gets in trouble a lot.

Firstly, Luffy nearly sliced himself when he wanted to try out my scythes. I didn't think he would try to spin them like batons.
Secondly, he has the appetite of ten humpback whales. I'm not one to limit how much a person eats, BUT AT LEAST, SAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US!!! Does your Devil Fruit make your stomach stretch or something?!
And lastly, he is very blunt. He will not hesitate to call you out by appearance. I'll admit I'm similar, but I keep quiet about the negatives.

Is it too late to back out of the upcoming journey tomorrow? Probably.
Sigh, at least he has good character judgment. So whenever we encounter someone new, I can rely on him to judge whether they're friend or foe.

Currently, I'm on my small ship, working on a gift for him when we set sail tomorrow. It's a bracelet with a goofy smiley face on it.
Whenever I make a new friend, I'll make them an accessory with a design of some sort that is significant to who the person is or what they do. In Luffy's case, it's his goofiness and smile.

~~~Timeskip~~~

I decided to head over to the bandits hideout to give Luffy his present.
The day after we met, Luffy decided to show me where he stayed so I'd be able to visit him. At first, Dadan wasn't happy that he brought someone over, but when she realized I wasn't staying, she seemed to have calmed a bit.

"OI LUFFY!" I yelled out

"M/N!" Luffy wrapped his arms around my waist a couple of times and launched me into a hug.

"He-y Luffy, I- made ya - something." I try to say. Luffy is hella strong, I don't know if he realizes.

"Really?!" He let me go.

I proceeded to hand him the box the present was in. He opened it, and a big smile formed on his face... That made me smile. I enjoy people's reactions like this.

"This is so cool." He took out the bracelet and put it on... I just now realized it matches his shirt.

"Shishishi, thanks M/N!"

"No problem, now onto business. Are we gonna use my ship for a bit, or are ya gonna get another one now?" We started our way down the mountain. My ship is quite small and can only handle two to four people, and that's only if they're willing to share beds.

"Hmm, we'll use your ship for a bit. I had planned on using a boat, but since you'll be the cook, I'd rather be on your ship."

I lightly bopped him on the head. "Temporary cook. I can only make so much for three people, not to mention you basically eat five meals a day, also we'll need a navigator." I never did use a log pose for my travels. All I did was ask what island I was on and chilled there for a bit, seeing what kinda vibe they had going on, and then just leave after a few days.

"So which one should we look for first?" Luffy asked

"Most definitely a cook, we can worry about directions later. I've heard there's a restaurant near the entrance of the Grand Line."

"A restaurant? I wonder what kinda food they serve." Luffy is just drooling at the thought.

"Most likely seafood, though I'm sure they have other ingredients imported."

"Do you think we'll get any other cool nakama? Like a sniper, a swordsman, maybe a musician?" Luffy asks, imagining what kind of cool tricks they'll be able to do.

"We'll ask whenever we find a good candidate for either one, but our main focus is a cook, then navigator, and then a doctor."

"Why do you make it sound like it'll be in that order?"