Who Are You Running From?

Start from the beginning

He hated to say it but his sister heart could be like Lucious and that always scared him about her. Hakeem thought it was him who had it but Jamal knew Hakeem loved like their mother, Mercedes heart depended on the person.

"Nah, I just want to get back." Jamal smiles it off. "Thanks for getting Vince though, Ma. This is crazy."

"You know I got your back." Cookie takes out her phone. "You heard from your sister? I told her butt be here hours ago."

"She told me she couldn't make it." Jamal waves it off. "Something about not feeling to good."

"If Lucious pissed off my child and clouded that damn head of hers more I'm gonna get him. He messing with my child and my money." Cookie points. "That's two that don't mix."

Hakeem stumbled over. "Can I get an autograph?" The two of them turn around. "Right here. Somebody give me a pen." Bottle in hand he smiled at his brother. "What's up?"

"Hakeem, go home." Jamal looks around seeing a few people watching. "You're drunk."

Cookie watched Hakeem with a sad look in her eyes.

"So what? I'm drunk and you brilliant." Hakeem tells him. "You and Mercedes. Both of yall are the ones with all the talent in this family.

Cookie stepped up. "Hakeem." He gives her a glare. "Are you okay? How's your video going?"

Hakeem ignored her to talk to Jamal. "Look. I got a new song. I want you to hear it. Can you come over."

"Sure. We'll both come over, okay?" Cookie took a step. "Let's go."

"I didn't invite you!" Hakeem yelled at her. "And where is my sister? She get with you and I can't find her no more." He looked around. "Yo, Mariah!"

"Shh." Jamal stops him. "Riah is not here."

"Where she at?"

"Now you care about our sister?"

"That's my twin."

"That you treated like hell." Jamal retorts.

"Come on, Jamal. Please." Hakeem begs him. "Can you get her to talk to me again? And I need your help. I can't get the hook right."

"Hakeem, I don't care." Jamal shakes his head. "You should have thought about all that before."

"Thought of what?"

"How long did you think that I would just sit around and let you disrespect our mother, when all she's trying to do is help you grow up?" Jamal honestly asks him. "You don't give a damn about your sister like you swear you do, I bet you don't even know half the damn things that she go through. Know why? Cause she had to constantly play your babysitter and all you did was disrespect her and wonder why she left your ass hanging."

Hakeem had to swallow on those feelings that weighed heavy on him.

"I did look out for her."

"Not enough." Jamal shakes his head. "If you ain't going to protect anybody, that's one person you should. Me and her have to constantly be on the receiving end of you. Going around and calling her the spoiled one. How long did you think that I would just let you use me?"