Onesies

Under his paralysed face, Alex Romero was really one big softie. And Norma knew that.

...

"Bed." Alex demanded for what could have easily been the 50th time. (Or was it the 51st? Alex lost count at this stage.)

"But why?" Norma over dramatically whines, seeming as if it was her life mission to stay out of bed.

"Because the doctors told you, you need to stay in bed." He walks up to Norma, tucking her blonde curls behind her ears.

"I don't want to. If I even lay eyes on that bed one more time I think I'll barf."

Alex chuckles, keeping her close to him. He placed his hands down on her waist, slowly tracing his fingers up to her stomach. Once he had reached Norma's small bump, he stopped, embracing her growing body.

Norma couldn't help but giggle, placing her own hands over Alex's.

"Yep, unicorns in there. And my god, they're growing." Norma says with a smile on her face.

Alex smiled, pecking her lips.

"Our little unicorn."

Norma smiles, looking up at Alex with complete awe in her eyes. That look on her face alone could easily make Alex melt.

"Do you think they're going to inhabit their father's unicorn magic?" She asks softly.

"I still don't know what you're talking about. 'My unicorn magic'? That's ridiculous!" He snickers, which makes Norma laugh.

"You said it! I swear you did!"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever ms sheriff." She playfully hits his arm, both of them in laughter.

"Okay fine, I'll go back to bed."

"Really? And no leaving?"

"Well.."

"And no leaving?" He repeats in a more serious tone.

"Okay, fine. No leaving." She chuckled, wrapping her hands around his neck.

"I love you." He smiles like a child, leaning in to steal a single (or maybe a couple..) kiss (es)
Of her lips.

He grasps onto her, picking her up which makes Norma yelp in surprise. She wraps her arms even tighter around his neck, letting Alex carry her up the large staircase.

"Here we go." He grunts, elegantly placing Norma down on the bed. Norma giggles, shuffling in the bed to get herself comfortable.

"Oh, honey." She says softly.

"Now, rest." He demands.

"Okay!"

"I'm gonna go out for a minute, okay?"

"Okay." She giggles, closing her eyes.

...

Norma was in a deep sleep, her body beginning to twitch and murmur softly as her mind drifted into a new world.

In the dimness behind her eyelids, her mind was busy.

...

"Do you feel them?" Norma laughed. Alex had his hand on her round bump, smiling as well.

Norma smiled. She could feel her little one move around inside her. She remembered that strange sensation from being pregnant with Norman and Dylan. The feeling of her little baby unicorn moving inside around her was a feeling she wished she could feel forever. Her little baby was so full of life, even in her subconscious.

...

"Come here sweetie!" Norma squealed, kneeled down on the ground with her arms open.

A little one year old runs up to her with a smile on their face. Their little white onesie completely bright and clean except for some grass stains on the knees.

The baby giggled, their arms opened as Norma was hugged as tightly as a one year old could hug their mother.

It was the kind of moments like that where Norma could just cry about how lucky she got.

...

"I love you so much." Norma whispers. She held something in her arms. Not something, someone.

The room was dark and norma was sat on a bed, cradling the child in her arms like it was all Norma could depend on.

"Norma?" She heard, the familiar voice echoing.

...

"Norma!" Alex called, that woke her up.

"Huh?" She murmurs.

"I have something to show you."

"Couldn't you have waited until I woke up on my own terms?"

"Uh.. nope."

Norma sighs, sitting up on the bed. Alex sat beside her, holding a plastic shopping bag, his excitement bursting through him as if he was a child on Christmas morning.

"What is this?" Norma asks, her eyebrows raised.

"Open it and you'll find out."

She opened the bag slowly, Inside was something absolutely adorable. A white fluffy unicorn baby onesie, the hood having some fake flowers and a horn. The back of it had white glittery wings. It was truly perfect, a unicorn outfit for her unicorn baby.

"How cute!" Norma remarks.

"I figured it was about time to get some things ready. Can't have our child running around naked, can we?" Alex chuckled.

Norma gently lifted the onesie from the bag as Alex went over to the other side of the room, trying to hide his excitement.

"Do you like it?" he said, eagerly awaiting her response.

"Oh Alex, I love it!" She squeals. Her eyes fill with tears as she looks down the onesie, definitely not something Alex was expecting.

"Are you okay?" He chuckles, wrapping his arm around Norma.

"It's perfect." She cries, hugging the onesie.

"I'm glad you like it. Because our unicorn is definitely wearing it every chance it gets."

Norma giggles, pulling him in for a soft kiss.

"I love you." She whispers.

"I love you too."

...

Authors note:
Hiii! Short chapter again mls, sorry :(. But you guys can consider this a silly little one shot that took four days to write because I had no motivation and restarted the writing process of this chapter twice 💀. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed! And if you guys didn't, oh well. I didn't really either ;).

- Faye :)