Chapter 1

NOTE - The chapters are told from Luke's point of view.

Chapter 1

"Luke no going outside today!" my mother yelled from her room. "I know!" I shouted back as I quickly zipped out the front door to be greeted by Jago who was one of my best friends.

"Do you want to go hunting in the Woods with my dad's pistols?" asked Jago. "I don't know, it might be a little dangerous" I said. "Getting a little fresh air won't hurt you Luke" Jago said. "Fine but not too long" I replied with a nod as we walked down my front porch stairs and on to the gravel path leading to the Woods.

I walked next to Jago until we finally got to the Woods and began hunting.

"C'mon Jago let's go we shouldn't be here," I said firmly. "Lighten up we'll be fine," exclaimed Jago.

You see, it wasn't ordinary for two teenagers to be hanging out in the middle of a forest when today was supposed to be possibly the day of the second epidemic.

Long ago was the first zombie apocalypse that we had and the only one we have ever had. But now the scientists were saying there could be another.

And that other epidemic could possibly be today. And that's exactly why no one was outside. We all knew there was a low chance of it happening today, but everyone knew for sure it would happen this week.

We also all knew that there was a place that would be fine holding off the zombies. And that was the Government. They had loads of super weapons and bunkers and what not, but the people here just lived in an area labeled the Outskirts, which was where all the people in the poor class and a few middle class people lived, and then there was the Woods, which was just a gigantic forest.

Jago and I were just outside in the Woods hunting. We weren't pros but we had a few good shots. "Hey Luke look at this duck I got!" "Nice shot Jago," I said.

I was definitely having fun hunting with Jago but I was still nervous about the apocalypse. The only way I wouldn't be anxious was if the scientists had a cure for zombies.

"Oh shoot," Jago said. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Zombies," Jago said in a scared and quiet voice. "Jago, I don't think they can hear us. "