Chapter 23 - Didn't see That One Coming

Начните с самого начала

I shook my head "No it's fine." I really didn't felt like eating anymore. I just wanted them to finish dinner so we can leave and I can meet up with Ryder.

  As dad started his obsessive monologue again I excused myself to the bathroom -which made me earn a glare from him- and walked out of the restaurant to the ladies room. I greeted some of the stuff and some of my mom's friends on the way there, who didn't waste any time to compliment my dress and tell me how much I had grew up. I was sure as soon as I left they would start gushing over me and my family.

  As I turned around the corner to go to the bathroom I bumped hard into someone, leaving a grunt."Ah, sorry."

"That's quite already doll face." Said a familiar British narcissistic voice.

I looked up and my mood fell completely when I came face to face with Lance Kingsley only the most narcissistic, arrogant, spoiled boy in the whole Oakheart. Always dressed with his Ralph Lauren white polo shirt, navy Gellar cargo shorts and boat shoes he looked more ridiculous than ever. And with his sandy blonde hair combed all to the left side with a scary amount of hair gel and his tennis racket never leaving his side he screamed 'Rich spoiled British brat'. Or what Ryder liked to call; 'Mama's boy.'

"Oh hi Lance." I said in a bored tone. Ugh, why did I have to run into him now?

  He supported himself to the wall and looked at me from up and down. "You look fine this tonight dollface."

Ew! I forced a smile "Thanks."

He winked "No problem at all. Who are you here with? Maybe we can have a cup of tea together."

"I'm here with my parents and no thanks tea gives me the tinkle." I said as politely as I could. Even though I hardly believed Lace Kingsley was one to be offended.

I knew Lace Kingsley almost three years now since he was a family friend of ours. He was a college student and whenever our family got together he wouldn't stop hitting on me and make naughty suggestions. He was one of the richest boys in the whole Oakheart and his ego was as big as his mansion. He always got his way and didn't stop until he got what he wanted. If I could, I would hang up a 'Stay Away' sign on him.

He laughed "How about hot chocolate then?"

"I don't like hot drinks." I lied

"Water then?"

"I don't like.... Water."

He laughed again smugly "Oh come on. Don't play it hard to get. It will only make me come after you more."

See what I meant? "I'm sorry but I'm not really into older guys." I said trying to find the best way to give him the hint that I wasn't interested in any of his... offers without being rude.

He laughed again "Funny because I swear I saw you with Ryder West a couple of weeks ago at the beach."

  My heart immediately dropped to my stomach and I froze in my spot shocked. "W-what?" I gasped out. Oh no this couldn't end well.

"I said-"

"Y-yeah I heard you." I stammered out "W-we are just friends." I tried immediately to explain. Only though a second later I realized how stupid I was being for trying to explain myself to Lance Kingsley.

Lance Kingsley wasn't exactly a saint himself -even if he surely did act like one. He was a spoiled, rich kid bored with his life, trying to find an excitement in parties and drugs. I was one of the few people that knew about his... 'Lifestyle' since he also was as sneaky as a snake. He put others to do his dirty works -whatever these were- so he would never got caught and ruined his family name -even though I hardly believed he cared about his family name at all, more like their money. With his charm he always got his way and manipulated others like they were his dolls.