#13: In Which You Found Your Place

Start from the beginning

Finally being able to escape your father's worries, you settled into bed. At least the pro of getting kidnapped was you got to get out of the rest of school. Summer break a week early babbyyy.

Tossing on your sheets, you started scrolling on your phone and looking at the company your dad started working at. Guess the scare of getting his daughter getting taken made him get his life together. He was also looking for rehab and colleges. It was nice to see him try to improve.

The hair on the back of your neck prickled up as a fist drummed on the window.

You smiled, stepping out of bed. Rolling the window up, you slid outside, leaning against the wall. "Hey Green."

He grinned back from underneath his mask, taking his glove off and grabbing your hand. "Long time no see, sunshine." Lloyd smiled, sitting beside you. "Everyone else is either working or still helping with repairs from the attack, and I know you would never refuse a visit from the one and only Green Ninja."

Rolling your eyes, you leaned on his shoulder, looking out at the city streets. "No I would not... Do people.. know yet?"

"About me being.. me? No.. no one has even reported about you being kidnapped, or the fact I wasn't present for the end of the fight at school.. I think Garmadon is in too much of a shock to really.. show anything to the world. Not that I'm complaining.. but I guess it would be nice to not have to hide." He sighed, rubbing his thumb along your knuckles.

You raised your brow, "Really? I.. alright. That's good right? Is your mom okay? Garmadon didn't.. he didn't threaten her, right?"

Shaking his head, he sighed. "She told me she's safe, uhm.. I hadn't told her anything about it yet, so I guess she'll find out from him.. My mom is tough though, she used to teach with my uncle, she should be fine.. I think. Maybe this'll all blow over and Ninjago will be peaceful again.. I'm more surprised how he just.. let me go."

Rolling up the bottom of his mask, you leaned into him, pressing your lips into his. He hummed, pulling you into his lap. His fingers slid along your hip, pushing you even more into his chest.

You squeaked in suprise, pulling back only to smile and reassure him it wasn't a pained noise. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pressed into him, pushing him against the brick wall. "Someday, and it might not be now, but someday, Ninjago will be peaceful again because of you. Someday, we will have a peaceful life because of you. I mean- fuck- I don't even remember who I was half a month ago.. it's gone so quick."

"I'm looking forward to that day." Lloyd smiled, lacing his fingers through your hair, pulling you back into his form.

Trailing kisses down from his mouth, you started lightly sucking on his jaw. A soft groan filled your ear. It sounded beautiful.

Lloyd pulled away, grabbing your own face instead. "I don't want you to go. I want to have you like this forever."

"That's what soulmates are for, isn't it? Being forever? I'm not going anywhere."

Time skip to senior year (a year and 2 months)----------------------------

----------------------------

Scrubbing both of the dirty plates, you smiled. Dad was taking the night shift and had just left, and you already finished your homework. You knew being a senior would be harder, but it was only the second week of school and you had homework already, and an essay due on Friday.

You placed the dishes in the drying rack, about to pull out your phone when a crash sounded from your room. "Lloyd? That you? Sorry I didnt message you this morning, I meant to say happy birthday, but I woke up late and then..-"

A muffled sob cried out, but you could tell from the whine that it was your Green.

Running into the bedroom, you saw two things. Firstly, Lloyd was tangled in your laptop cord, desperately trying to kick it off. Second, his mask was already off, his face puffy and tear stained.

His sobs continued as he fell to the ground, quickly crawling back in a panic and hitting into the nightstand. "I- I don't- Y/n- they know- everyone-"

Slowly stepping around the bed, you hushed him, holding your hands out. "Hey- Green- Lloyd. Calm down. It's okay. What happened? They know what?"

He whipped his head up to meet your eyes. "They.. He told them. Garmadon told them everything. Then Wu mentioned this weapon and I was so mad I used it anyway and- and- and I summoned this giant creature thing.. and-" he started panting again, "and now everyone hates me including the team- and Wu is dead- and it's all my fault- the city is destroyed and it's all because of me!"

Grabbing his hands, you sat down, and began untangling the charger from his ankle. "One thing at a time. Garmadon told everyone that you're.. you?"

"I.. he was storming the mayors office and then brought me to the top of the building where the news casters were.. and just ripped my mask off. I- I never thought he would actually tell people." He shut his eyes, choking out another sob.

You brushed the wet from his eyes, pulling him into a hug. "Hey, it's okay. We can get through this together, and if they ever make you or your mom feel unsafe don't even hesitate before coming here. You already sleep here on the weekends, and my dad is friends with KoKo. What about this weapon?"

Biting his cheek, he nodded. "Uhm.. so I was at the dojo, and early Wu mentioned this thing called the Ultimate Weapon.. so I found it locked in the basement, and took it to go against my dad. Instead of like.. shooting something at him, a giant beam shot out and into the sky.. then a- a creature of some sort came from over the mountains and started destroying the entire city- and- and it's all my fault."

With an exhale, you squeezed him tighter. "And.. Wu?"

Lloyd shook with another sob. "He's dead! The dojo got destroyed with him inside! I'm the reason he died. I killed him!"

Shushing him again, you shook your head. "No, Green, no you didn't. You didn't know. It's not your fault."

He pulled back, sobbing again. "Then who's fault is it?! Because it's definitely not yours!"

"-It's mine."

Turning to the voice, a man in a bamboo hat stood inside your livingroom.

"How the fuck did you get in my house?!" You yelled, staring at Wu. Wasn't he just now supposed to be dead?!

Lloyd scrambled to his feet, running at his uncle. "You're alive!"

The old man nodded, "That I am. But you still have made bad mistake." You forgot how thick his accent was. "You have to repay and stop this beast."

"Uncle..? You saw what just happened, I almost killed you and hundreds of other people! The giant freaky dragon took over my dad's body and it's all because of me!" He flinched, shaking his head.
"I don't- I don't even know what that is!"

Wu sighed, tapping his staff to the ground. "You listen here! You will go on this journey, and you will stop the Overlord! For I say so! You will save our city from both the Overlord and Garmadon. For I say so!"

And he did.