#4: In Which An Assassin Invites Himself In

Pacing back and forth, you groaned in pain. You had changed into lounge clothes, and when you put on your tank top, you noticed the bruises spreading up to your neck, and down to your palms.

At this rate, you were going to die. You knew that. And your dad hadn't been home the last few days, so you couldn't even mention it to him. And he never responded to your texts and rarely read them.

Sipping on your store bought iced tea, you sighed, leaning against your mattress.

And then the window rang with 3 quick knocks, causing you to jump. Out in the fire escape sat a figure dressed all in black assassins outfit. Holy fuck, you were being stalked.

Wincing, you grabbed your taser out of your pocket, and held it up, watching the tall figure invite themselves in. "Stay- stay back!"

They lifted up their hands in surrender, their green eyes scanning your figure. "Fuck.. it's worse then I thought..."

"Who are you?" You asked, threatening by showing that your taser worked. "What are you doing in my house?!"

Motioning for you to calm down, the person put their hands out in front of them. "This is going to sound really weird, but I'm your soulmate."

You shook your head, a slight laugh escaping you. "No- I.. I don't have a soulmate, you must have the wrong person. Also- if you were good news, why the fuck are you wearing a disguise!? Couldn't you just I dunno, find my after school, or at my job? Because you could find my house just fine!"

They sighed. Leaning against the wall, and crossing their arms. "I knew I should've stuck with green.."

"Excuse me? I'm still here." You crossed your arms the same way, before remembering they were an intruder. So you held out your taser again. "You're going to tell me who you are, and why you think you're my soulmate, or I am going to shock you with this, and throw you out my window."

The person- your 'soulmate', pinched his masked nosebridge on frustration. "No need to defenestrate me. But yeah, sure. I'm the Green Ninja. And last night I saved you from getting run over, and then I calmed you down so you didn't have a panic attack on the Dunkin Donuts rooftop. You're welcome, by the way."

Sitting down on your mattress, your head began to spin. "The Green Ninja-? Why aren't you wearing green then? And how do I know your not some faker who saw that and is using it to get to me?"

"I'm not wearing green because I didn't think you'd want the NGTV with a helicopter right outside your window! And I can prove that I'm not lying." He almost sounded angry, as he went to take his gloves off.

Instead of the rough, calloused hands you remembered from that night, bruised and sick hands took your gaze. "I have the bruises too. It started from where I touched you, and now it's spreading up my arm. I know it just started with my handprint, but.. I can tell it's spread." He gently pressed his purple hands into the inside of your elbows just as he had last night. Glancing up, you stared. You forgot how.. tall the Green Ninja was. And he was.. yours?

Pulling away, you sat down on your bed, staring at him. "I- I'm sorry if this seems... Insensitive..? But I've never- I've barely thought of having a soulmate. And even so, I never imagined it to be like.. this. And I never imagined it to be.. someone like you. Not- not that this is horrible, just.. didn't think I'd have the Green Ninja himself.. i
Have you."

"That seems like a theme in my life.." he mumbled, leaning against one of your many bare walls. "And if you were wondering, I found where you live from our technology. Sounds creepy, but we use it for rescues. Things would've been much worse for you if I didn't find you." He motioned to your arms, holding up his own, healing hands.