PART TWENTY-SEVEN | Kitty & Jesus

Start from the beginning

Jesus did some maths in his head quickly. "3 years. Same for you?"

"This is my first job." I replied. "Favourite singer?"

"Ooo, good one. Um, Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Favourite colour?" He said.

I didn't know the singer or band, but made a note to look at it later. "Purple." I replied, Rhea coming to my head just a second. I realised it must have been a while since Louis left. "10 minutes?"

Ollie hopped off the counter. "Definitely." We walked towards the door and he opened it for me. "Great getting to know you. After you, Kitty." He tried his best not to crack up at the nickname and I hid my laugh too.

Getting to the stage, we spent the next few hours going over protocols, how things would work, and introducing ourselves. Louis made sure everyone was prepared and handed our scripts, which we would have to begin going through, as rehearsals would begin soon.

As Louis was talking, I flipped through the script, reading a few parts. He recommended we go through and highlight our lines, that it made it a lot easier to know and read. A majority of my lines were with Ollie, or just by myself. I didn't realise Ollie must dance as well, because we had a dance scene together. As well as... a kissing scene.

I skimmed past that for now, wanting to come back to that later.

I only had 1 singing number with Ollie too, who I knew could sing well.

Overall, I think I can do this. I felt confident.

After the meeting, I chatted with a few of the other cast members, getting to know them. Then I explored the backstage area a little, ending up in the seamstresses room. "Hello?" I introduced myself to the woman there, who greeted me so sweetly.

She showed me the sort of costumes I'd be wearing, which were simple but beautiful. Especially for my dance number. She ended up taking my measurements so she could begin working on them as soon as possible. She was amazing, I was so inspired to sew.

In the hall, I rounded a corner and abruptly ran into someone, who spilt their entire cold juice down the front of me. "Oh fuck. I'm sorry, love." He apologised.

"No-no, it's really fine."'I tried to reassure him I had a change of clothes in my bag.

"Love? Who are you calling love baby?" A woman came from where the man was, and I recognised her from the meeting before. She was staring at me a little, and i didn't get to meet her properly because she seemed to avoid me. She wrapped her hand around the male, glaring at me again.

"Um." This was awkward. "Im Kat, I haven't met you guys." I tried to be nice.

"Im Dylan, this is my girlfriend Madison." The male said. "We are actually yours and Ollie's understudy's."

"Oh." I nodded. "Well it's great to meet you two, that's- that's pretty amazing you guys both got picked to be the under-"

"Come on, baby. Let's go to our dressing room." Madison spoke up rudely and started tugging her and Dylan away.

What just happened...

I was still in a state of shock with Ollie got my attention from down the hall. "Oi Kitty! They got egg sandwiches in here." He shouted excitedly.

I smiled and went to where he was. It was some sort of catering room, laid out with a lot of foods and drinks.

"This is amazing." I took a sandwich and bit into it. As I did, I realised I should text Rhea. It'd been a while.

Kat: Hey, Rhea. I'm doing great so far, just so you know. How are you? 😊

I tucked my phone back away and listened to Ollie tell me about his history of dance, and he was so experienced. He was incredibly talented, I couldn't wait to dance with him.