1.

(24.12.23)

As it's Christmas Eve I will treat you to the first chapter of the next fanfic!! Merry Christmas everyone :) I hope you enjoy!

(Brittany's POV)

"Please tell me you're coming tonight? No one has missed a Friday Night Dinner in five years and I will damned if you are going to be the first one!"

"I know Quinn, I am sorry. But I just don't think I will be much company, I have been so down since he left."

"That is the exact reason why you should come! The whole gang will be there, we can cheer you up!"

"Please, Rachel's way of cheering someone up is forcing them to sing show tunes and I definitely can't stomach that right now."

"I promise I will get her to tone it down, please Britt?"

"Quinn, you're so whipped for Rachel there is no way in chance you can convince her."

"Okay well, do it for Mercedes, we are celebrating her promotion."

"Fine"

"Yes!! I knew you would crack, see you at 7!"

"Bye Quinn."

Quinn is probably right, tonight is what I need. To be around friends, I have been locked away in my studio all week teaching kids how to dance. I love my job, it's the perfect escape from reality, until it's not. For some context, I broke up with my boyfriend of three years. I met him here in New York at a bar one night when I was out with Rachel and Santana. It started with him accidentally spilling a drink over me in a nightclub and then the rest was history as they say. Three whole years we were together, that is a lot of time to invest in someone, a lot of love there. But in the end we mutually agreed, well he wasn't 100% on board. But we ended it about a month ago, we weren't giving each other what the other needed. But it still sucks, the whole gang have been great, checking in on me, sending me flowers, postmate and baskets of goodies.

As a group we are inseparable, we went through High School together, were in the glee club together, went through everything as a team, there are no other people I would wish to have here in New York with me, so when we all moved here we vowed to do dinner every Friday night with one another, that way no matter how busy we all got, how little we saw or spoke to each other during the week, we always had that dinner together at the end of the week where we would all share our highs and lows and thankfully it is a tradition we have seen stick. We have seen many plus ones come and go at these dinners, depending on who someone is dating. 

Rachel and Quinn got together about six months after we moved here, so they live together and play host to the dinner every week. Mercedes is dating some small time producer, Kurt and Blaine are still together, so that leaves Santana and I as the only single ones in the group now. Well, single and Santana aren't two words I would essentially use in the same sentence. Remember when I said we had seen many plus ones? Yeah, that was San. It was a new girl every other week. We all tease her a little about being scared of commitment, but she doesn't care. I am sure she see's getting laid by different girls every other week as some sort of conquer. But we love her nonetheless. 

---

"Well done guys! Take five!" I say to the group of 16 year olds who have just finished the first half of their class. I go over to my bag to get some water and check my phone, I have a few WhatsApp notifications from mine and the gang's group chat. 

'Who's bringing Dessert?' - Rachel

'I asked Mercedes to.' - Quinn

'Hell nah you didn't!' - Mercedes