An unexpected individual

Start from the beginning

The man in front of me now does not deserve to die, he is not innocent because he had done it for the greed of money. I won't take his life but make it miserable from now on, I stared into his eyes and made him gaze at me as my eyes turned red. "Forget everything you have seen here forever and live miserably for the rest of your life". Well, that way will be better, his chapter has ended and he won't be able to work for them again.

********
I walked tiredly on my way home since the venue wasn't that far from home, I did not even bigger to wait for Anabella after what had happened. Suddenly I hit a woman, I turned back so I could apologize to her. Guess who I saw next? My aunt. Imagination struck me as I stared at her with bewilderment struck me, I couldn't believe what I was seeing with my eyes. This is unbelievable!!!.

"Aunt" I managed to say as tears prickled down my eyes, she gasped as she stared at me in shock as well. "Dy... Dylan!" she exclaimed as she hugged me tightly to herself. I closed my eyes as I found comfort in her arms, I was so happy then I opened my eyes and released myself from the hug. "Aunt, how come?", I asked I replied "It is a long story" Then she fell right in my arms. There is nowhere she will go than for me to take me to take her home.

******
I wanted the mansion with my aunt whom I carried on my back. The whole household was sitting in the living room, they saw me and Mandy with Marvin rushed over to help me as I laid aunt down on the couch. I looked at Marvin who was lost staring at her, I knew he was also shocked just the way I was when I saw her on the road. "Dylan, who is she? What nonsense is this! if you see just any random dirty beggar on the road, does that mean here is where you should bring the person?" Doris asked as she folded her arms right in front of me.

"Mind your words" I shouted at her "This person lying here is not just any person but my aunt, the one whom I have learned a lot from, or let me just say everything in my life. What wrong have I committed if I bring her home?" I asked her and she kept mute. Mandy ordered we take him upstairs despite it being the middle of the night.

****
It's been hours since we have been seated with an aunt while she slept peacefully. She opened her eyes slowly then I helped her to sit up. "Aunt, how are you feeling?" I asked her. "I am fine, thank you", she responded. "But senior aunt, where have you been?" Marvin asked.

"Well, I... you know... after what happened that night, even I don't know how I escaped and I lived like a living corpse. I tried to find everyone but to no avail since I could not use my powers again. I lost them, I lost them and I couldn't regain them back" she said amidst tears. "But how is that possible, how can a strong mermaid like you lose your powers so easily?" I asked not knowing the cause myself. "I can't explain that either", she replied. "Don't worry aunt, you can just relax for now, we will see you later" I told her and I helped her to cover up her body with the blanket while I exited the room with Marvin.

"So Aunt lost her powers, that explains why she is looking old," I said to Marvin. "Yes but why and how?" he asked me. "I cannot answer that either" I replied to him casually. "First let's get some rest and we will think about this later, okay?" I said and he gave me an assuring smile as he left for his room.

I entered the room and Doris was not inside, why should I bother anyway? We aren't on good terms so it doesn't concern me if she is here or not, she may even be with whoever she wants to be with. I entered and had my bath, I came out shortly with my towel tightly wrapped around my waist, Doris entered the room so I headed straight toward the mirror for no reason in particular. I started combing my hair

what am I doing!!!, am I trying to get her attention, or what? I saw her through the mirror and I realized she wasn't bothered a bit, I looked sideways then I heard a thud. I heard Doris scream in pain and I rushed over, there I saw the vase which had fallen and she had stepped on it because she was bleeding. I scooped her quickly in a bridal style in my arms.

I made her sit on the bed as I rushed to get the first aid kit, I returned quickly and brought out the cotton wool and I cleaned it fast. She shook her leg in response to the pain she felt "Just calm down, it's okay" I said as I held the leg firmly. I don't know why I am still doing this for a person I am fighting with, someone who I don't have anything to do with. Now I understand why Marvin told me I am in love, hmm.....

I cleaned up the wound pretty quickly and I decided to leave but a hand stopped me "Thank you" I heard as I turned back to see Doris. "You are welcome, it is my duty as your life partner" I answered. "Sometimes you say love, sometimes you say wife, sometimes you adore me, sometimes you call me by name, sometimes you act caring to me, sometimes you act cold, sometimes you make me feel jealous, sometimes you make me feel the happiness of having you in my life, sometimes as well you make me feel I should regret meeting you in my life," she said while I looked on with my hands still held by her.

"You were so caring towards me just now that's why I am saying all this. Sometimes you make me smile, feel better, and solve my problems, and yet you said you don't love me?" she asked as she gazed into my eyes. She was not lying at all, I was the one lying to myself, her, and everyone. I have been in love with her since when I was a bartender, I always admired her even though we weren't friends then we.... so why am I afraid to be with her?

Just yesterday or should I say today, I saw her with Thomas which I was supposed to be angry at but I couldn't get angry but felt millions of jealous seed sow within me. "Well.... it's not like that" I finally answered after what seemed like a decade.

"Your answer does not say what is in your heart, I can feel it", she said as she let go of my hand and lay on the bed turning her back to me. She wasn't lying, she told the truth but am I afraid that one day I will not be able to live with her? Humans age faster while humans can live for centuries. Sooner or later, she will die while I will continue to live in solitude so it will be better to not let it happen.

WRITER'S POV
Bola entered their aunt's room where he met sitting on the bed reading a newspaper, he closed the door firmly behind him as he found his way to the bed. "Boss, why have you come here?" he asked. "Are you okay? so I can't come here? well, the reason is because nobody will be able to harm me here in this house. Do you remember I had hired your uncle to do this work but he was not capable enough, I am someone whose inside cannot be seen easily. I have thousands of secrets, life has brought me to this. I am doing all this because of some incidents that have occurred, so all you have to do is do as you are told if you want to live long, understood?" she asked.

"Yes boss" Bola replied as he exited the room.

Please take a moment to show your support for Frenemy by leaving a vote and comment. Your feedback is important and will help me decide whether to continue this project or not. Thank you!