Mandy!!!

DYLAN'S POV

"Wow, Mom. It smells so nice. Will you feed me already" Doris said to Mandy who tried to put a spoon in her mouth but I stopped her immediately by holding her hands. "Doris, you can't eat this," I say. "Why? I have been taking custard since I was small, I only consume the custard made by mom because she is the best when it comes to making custard" Doris answers. "I say you can't take it" I maintain my stand. "Why can't I take it?" she asks.

"It has poison" I answer. "What! You mean I have poisoned this custard?" Mandy asks. "Yes, you have" I answered. "Dylan, are you in your right senses? Why would you say such a thing? You mean mother has poisoned this custard, no she can't now" Doris defends her. "I am not saying that she has but you aren't eating this" I replied. "Hold on" Mandy collects the bowl from Doris and begins to scoop the custard in her mouth bit by bit to my surprise.

Why? This woman is a beast

"You see Doris. I have consumed this custard in front of you both, if it has poison I will have die or will die soon. I didn't poison it" Mandy says as water prickled down her cheeks but I still can't trust her. "Dylan, that was so rude and bad of you. I know many things have been happening in this house for a long time but that doesn't mean or give you the right to accuse my mother. Apologize to her" Doris said but I have no choice but to apologize to Mandy. I move closer to Mandy so I can apologize then Doris leaves the kitchen angrily or not, I don't know.

Instead of apologizing, I remain standing in front of Mandy who wipes her face with a handkerchief. "A lizard wants to compete with a cheetah in terms of racing, how ironic! That is your case, I have told you earlier that in this game I am the owner while you are just a player in it. Do you think I am foolish? You coming into the human world, you getting to know my daughter and you staying in this house. Who do you think staged all that?" Mandy asks

"You don't deserve my life" I warn her. "When you saved Doris after her friends were killed, a picture of Doris was taken by inspector Jamiu which he sent to Eniola, who was under my control. You could have easily escaped with your plan but the face your destiny gave you is a disaster. You have the same face your father, King Theseus had so I knew it was you. I called Doris to come back home and hopefully, you followed her and somehow got married to her. Now, let's be practical. Why did you think I did not let you both leave after the marriage?" she asks while I try to picture everything.

"I will assist your inquisitive mind by helping you. It is because I needed you, you helped me to get rid of my counterparts so I can freely enjoy whatever reward I will get from what I am doing like a free bird" she explained. "Now you just wait and watch. By the time I feed her poison, she won't know or believe it either nor will she get to realize she's been poisoned until death knocks at her doorstep" Mandy said with determination which I observed in her voice.

"Daily, bit by bit I will feed her a special kind of poison that will eventually kill her and you will be rendered helpless. Now go and do whatever you want which will be fruitless" she said to me but I couldn't reply anything.

I flip through the Isnamermaid's book alongside Marvin for possible answers but nothing seems obvious or coming as answers. "But didn't you ask who gave you this book?" he asked. "I did not have time. I told you I found the book lying around the mansion yesterday so no clue was left" I answered him. I pointed to the painting in the book where Mandy's face was drawn alongside some people. "According to this book, this set of people belong to the Colo clan. They were found in this nation 2000 years ago and they are bent on destroying it due to some hidden agenda which has been hidden for many years. But this photograph has a young Mandy which is what is disturbing me right now, how come? So now giving it a closer inspection, I think this mystery is related to my past somehow" I explain to Marvin.