#12 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗍𝗁.

In the midst of chaos, Kai who had stepped out of the kindergarten, was busy playing with the little kids who were only up to his knees. 

"Uncle, is the world coming to an end?" A cute little boy asked huddling over to him. 

"Uncle? Do I look that old?" Kai laughed," Why do you think the worlds coming to an end kid?" he gently poked the cheeks, babying the kid.

"My dad said, some virus is spreading" The boy widened his eyes," Is zombie going to come?"

"Do you like zombies?" 

"It's time to go" Beomgyu said walking upto Kai. 

"Got any information?" Kai asked while waving his hands to the kids, indicating a good bye.

"Yup, she had a baby before she had me, but no information about his real dad or what happened between them" Beomgyu sighed. He continued, "But you know what's strange? The teacher asked him if he was the child".

 "Really?"   

+×+

"I feel like a detective searching the murdered house" Yeonjun joked. They searched every part of the house; they still didn't find it.

"Bro there's literally nothing here" Taehyun sighed and sat on the ground. "Oh wait! we have grandma's room left" He got up from the floor and ran to grandma's room. 

Entering Grandma's room, they resumed their search. Yeonjun, while scanning through the contents of a drawer, spotted something shining. "Bro check this out" he said widening his eyes. It was a necklace. 

"Isn't that the second part of the key?" Taehyun said. The necklace had a locket, the second part of the key was inside the fragile locket that hung from it. A victorious smile appeared on Yeonjun's face.

"Finally, we found it" Yeonjun exclaimed. He picks up his found to dial Beomgyu's number, ready to share his excitement. Not knowing they all have returned back home. Panic set in, as they realized the others could walk in at any moment. 

"Did you text them that we're coming?" Soobin asked Kai.

 "Yes, I did, but I think he didn't see it yet". Kai replied checking his phone.

"WE'RE HOME!!" Beomgyu shouted loudly to announce that they all are back.

"Shut up, you'll let the neighbours also know that you're home." his grandma scolded. 

"Hurry up!" Yeonjun whisphered. They both started tidying the mess they made while searching the place. 

Taehyun carefully took the second part of the key from the locket, ensuring the necklace was placed back in the drawer. The room returned to its seemingly undisturbed state.

"Where did you get it from?" Beomgyu asked as he already did search his house for the key, but he couldn't find anything. He scratched his head. 

"It was in your grandma's drawer" Yeonjun said. "We found it inside a locket of a necklace" Taehyun added. 

Beomgyu's eyes widened. "Grandma's drawer? Why would it be there?"

"We'll get to that. But first, how did things go in the kindergarten?" Yeonjun asked, eager to share their findings.

"Did you find anything out?" Taehyun inquired, both of them brimming with curiosity.

"We were right, she did have a baby before Gyu," Kai said. "Also, the-"

The sudden buzzing of Kai's phone cut him off.
He froze, his eyes widening as he stared at the screen. Concern rippled through the group

"What's the matter, Kai?" Beomgyu asked, his earlier excitement replaced with worry.