38.

-2 weeks later (Y'all fried lil miss Erin last chapter lol so we gone have a lil time lapse)

Erin

"The extra bottles are in the mini fridge, let her sleep on your chest for a few minutes then put her down." Chris instructed as he put his shirt on

Today was his first day back at work and my first day alone with Masiyah. He's a little nervous about leaving considering I'm still healing from my gunshot wound and newborns require a lot of attention.

I'm nervous too, but I can't tell him that, he'll never leave.

"Chris, I got it. We gone be ok." I held Masiyah against my chest, assuring him and myself as well

"Alright baby. If you need any help call me." He put a hoodie on

"Ok." I watched as he grabbed his keys

"I'm serious Erin."

"Ok Christopher." I chuckled, puckering my lips for a kiss

"I love y'all." He pecked my lips then Masiyah's foot

"We love you more." I smiled and continued rocking as he headed out the room

*

"Hold on baby, mama's comin'." I had Masiyah's bottle in the bottle warmer

She cried even louder. She'd been crying so hard I started thinking something was wrong.

"Okok." I went to pick her up while I waited for her bottle

Since my body wasn't fully healed, I didn't want to hold her too much while walking around just yet, but she doesn't seem to like the crib too much.

"Alright beautiful." I sat in the rocking chair, smiling at her since she'd calmed down

Soon as I sat down the bottle warmer dinged. "Ok, mama's gonna get your bottle. Give me just a second." I laid her back in the crib and moved as fast as I could to the bottle warmer

Her little cries turned into screams "Dammit." I cursed to myself. I had made the bottle too hot.

I went to pick her up while we waited for it to cool down.
This time she didn't stop crying.

"No no. Shhh, it's ok." I winced feeling a sharp pain in my side "Mama's here baby."

I tried to calm her down but it wasn't working and now the pain in my side seemed to be getting worse.

"I know you're hungry. I know."

She cried harder.
Nothing seemed to be working.
I started feeling overwhelmed with trying to calm her so I placed her back in the crib and rushed into the hallway.
I leaned against the wall and cried.

I'm a horrible mother.

*
4 hrs later

"Hey baby. How was y'all's day?" Chris came into the nursery "Sorry I couldn't call, first day back was real busy."

I was just laying Masiyah down for her evening nap. After her little cry session, a poopy diaper, and a bottle, she stopped crying and the rest of our day went smoothly.
I managed to calm myself down and take some Tylenol for my side, but I still felt bad for getting overwhelmed.

"It was fine..." I grabbed the baby monitor and left out, going into our bedroom

"Mmm, you don't sound sure." Chris followed me

"...I'm horrible at this. She was crying today and I didn't know what to do."

"Hey, that's alright. I got overwhelmed a lot too baby. I think it comes with having a newborn." He chuckled "Why didn't you call me?"

"I didn't want to be a bother. Besides you said today was busy." I gathered my items for my shower

"I'm neva' too busy for you or Masiyah. Understand me?" He grabbed my hand

I nodded "Yeah...she calmed down after while. I just wish I could move faster right now. The wound is slowing me down."

"With a few more therapy sessions you'll be back to your old quick paced self, Mama." He looked into my eyes"But until then, I'll stay home with y'all."

"Chris no. I'm sure your clients miss you and-"

"Girl fuck them clients. My family needs me."

"But I need to learn how to watch her alone sometimes."

"And you can, after you fully heal. Until then I'll be here to help."

"Ok, thank you." I refused to argue "I love you."

"I love you too." He hugged me, placing his hands at the top of my butt "Uh baby, you healed enough to take some dick?"

"No, nasty" I playfully pushed him away

We laughed together before kissing.

Btwww this book finna' end soon.

I hope y'all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Also, happy holidays since next chapter won't be published until after Christmas.

-Carlisha ❤️