10.

-2 days later
Erin

It's been two days since I've seen or heard from Chris, we haven't talked since he just dipped out on me the other day. No explanation at all, he just left and stopped answering my calls.
I don't know what I did wrong, but I can't make it right if he won't talk to me.

After eating my food on my lunch break, I decided to go pass Third Eye and pay him a visit.
Soon as I entered the building, I saw him giving someone an ankle tat.

"Hi, can we talk?" I approached his station

He briefly stopped and look at me "Uh, yeah. Give me a few minutes. You can go in my office." He said

I nodded and went to the back where his office was. I sat down and waited, scrolling on TikTok to kill time. After about 10 minutes, he came into his office, closing the door behind him.

"Wassup?"

I locked my phone, putting it in my purse "That's what I'd like to know. You been giving me cold shoulder."

"I been busy." He shrugged, leaning against his desk

"Too busy to send a text or call?" I stood up

"You was too busy to text or call the other day."

"Wha-Nigga I told you my phone died"

"How I know you ain't lying?"

"Chris, are you hearing yourself right now? You saw me put the phone on the charger."

"Ok, why Derrick still contacting you?"

"Baby Derrick is remedial. I've blocked him at least 20 times, he just keeps calling" I explained "What is this all about?"

He sighed, sitting on the couch "So you remember I told you my ex came in here the other day, right?"

"Yeah. Are y'all back together or something? If that's the case you could've-"

"Hell no. Just listen, me and her broke up about 3 months ago. She used to cheat on me like a dog, I mean niggas galore. Seeing her just triggered something in me."

"Baby" I went and sat beside him "You could've talked to me about it."

"I know that now, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I just needed some time to clear my head."

"Apology accepted." I turned his face toward me "Don't shut me out, ok? If this is gonna' work we have to communicate. I'm done with the toxic shit."

"I understand. I'll work on my communication." He nodded, pecking my lips. "I missed yo' kisses."

"Mhm." I pursed my lips and stubbornly pecked back

His pecks turned into a full blown kiss, which led to him laying me back on the couch. His hand slid underneath my shirt, caressing my bare skin. I moaned into his mouth, spreading my legs so he could put his body between them. Just as things started getting heated, someone knocked at the office door.

He pulled away, sighing deeply "Yeah?"

I continued kissing along his jawline, wrapping a leg around his waist.