20. Just Up And Leave, Then

Start from the beginning

---

- Chiara Romero - 

- Chiara Romero - 

Sitting up, I noticed that Enzo was no longer beside me, making me a little sad at the thought of him not being here when I woke up. This worried me a little, as I had no idea where I was or what was going on. It felt only right to let a little cry slip past my lips, as I looked out the window to see that it was dark. 

I hated when it was dark, because it could mean that anything could happen to me. Eleanor and Mark loved to do things when it was dark, especially in the bedroom. I didn't understand, and they made sure that I never understood what they did. From the stuff up their noses to the liquid they would throw at me, I never got what they were trying to tell me. 

When I heard no one coming, just the movement of the trees on the window, I cried a little louder, hoping to get someone's attention. With no response, I looked down to the ground, before sliding off the bed, with nothing in my hands like I usually would have. I grabbed a small, fluffy cushion, hoping to make this all better. 

I didn't have my stuffy so it would have to do. Walking towards the door, I jumped up to flick open the handle like I had done plenty of times at home. I opened the door, and looked into the hallway. Lights were on, but it wasn't anything I was used to. None of this was what I knew, not even close to it. 

Pulling the cushion close to me, I walked to the door in front of me. I knocked as hard as I could before I pulled the handle down, opening the door to an empty bedroom. I felt the tears behind my eyes, as I tried so hard not to cry. I didn't want to, not yet. I was so scared though. I looked back at the door that I had come from, before going to one of the ones to the other side. 

I knocked again, and this time, I could hear someone inside there. I knocked again, and it felt like everything stopped. "Come in" the person murmured, as I opened the door, to finally see someone. I saw Luca, and this time, he was one of the ones I wanted to find. "Hey baby" he whispered, sitting up from the bed. 

I could see tears down his own cheeks, so I shut the door behind me, and walked towards him. I tried so hard to climb up onto the tall bed, but Luca ended up chuckling at me before helping me up. I then climbed into this lap and wrapped my arms around him. I had dropped the cushion on the bed at some point. 

A sniffle was heard, and I looked up to see a small smile on Luca's face, while the tears just seemed to run faster and faster down his face. Reaching up, I gently touched his face to wipe the tears away, but they just didn't seem to stop. I knew that my face was covered in tears, but I didn't bother with them, only Luca's. 

Growing frustrated that they weren't stopping, I felt my forehead crease, and Luca just laughed harder, before I finally just used my whole hand to wipe his face clean. It somewhat worked, but he just needed to stop crying. "You okay?" he muttered, after he had stopped laughing at how hard I was trying to stop his tears. 

"You okay?" I repeated back to him, as I traced my finger along his chin, then down to his chest, before lying my head on the side of his chest. All these tears had made me so tired, but I didn't want to go to sleep incase Luca didn't wake up beside me like Enzo had. I didn't like being left alone anymore. 

"Yeah, I'm okay" he whispered, before laying back down with me on his chest. "Do you want to watch a movie?" that sounded better than sleep, but I knew I would fall asleep. "Promise you'll stay with me?" I whispered back, before I gave him a response on watching a movie. I had to know that he would stay and that he wouldn't just up and leave like Enzo had while I was sleeping. 

"I promise. So, movie?" and with that, I sighed contently in his arms as he searched for a movie on the TV, while I was dozing in and out of sleep. I felt lighter now, but I didn't know why. I was just so lost and confused, and I didn't like it. These boys weren't supposed to make me feel like this. 

---

thoughts? xx

thoughts? xx