15. Oh Baby

- Rocco Romero - 

 - Rocco Romero - 

I quietly placed my keys into the bowl that had been placed on the kitchen counter, sighing in content when I noticed that Ales had cooked dinner, leaving left overs for me. Which, I was surprised, because I was sure that Ange or Gio would have eaten it all. 

I grabbed out the container, opening it, before delving into the pasta I loved. Everything was quiet, for a moment too long, before I heard soft cries and a small sniffle, not too far away from where I was standing. 

I halted all my movements, hearing the cries continue, getting a little louder, as I decided to drop my fork and go and investigate what was going on. I had been at my gym for most part of the day, before going to my friends fight club to watch his match, as it was a Monday, and it meant that I couldn't see much of Chiara. 

She had been holding up after she had been stitched back up on Saturday night, which surprised me greatly, but now, hearing her cries, made me think that she was just trying to act tough; she was trying to live a normal life through all the pain she must be in. 

I saw her huddled form, shaking on the stairs, as her little teddy I had seen her clutch onto wherever she was, sitting beside her, but not touching her. She always had it clutched in her little hand, so this surprised me. 

I was also greatly surprised that no one else was awake, knowing that Chiara barely slept in her own room, which made me even more concerned. "Chi?" I questioned, drawing the little girls attention towards my crouched position, a few stairs below where she was sitting. 

"RoRo?" her head emerged from where it was tucked under her legs, showing her puffy, red cheeks as tears continued to roll down them. "Yeah, sweetheart. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I edged myself a little closer to her, not wanting to scare her for being this close. 

"Someone washed my teddy and now it doesn't smell like her" I was confused as to who she was referencing too, but I understood why she was upset. Clearly, there was smell that she was used to, and clearly loved, so having that taken away from her would have made her uncomfortable. 

I would hate it if someone washed my teddy bear, as it smelt like my grandmother, whom had loved me like a mother should have. It was a real surprise she had made the mother I had. "Well, why don't we give your teddy a new scent then?" I tried to brighten the mood, which was something I never did. 

That was something that Gio or Luca would do, certainly not me.  "Mhmm" she grabbed the teddy, but it broke my heart that she wasn't holding it as tightly as she used too. "Who did your teddy used to smell like? 

I was really intrigued to find out who this person was that had been with my sister long enough to make her teddy smell comforting for her. "mamma" the name did not help me the slightest, and clearly my confused face said it all, as Chiara let out a small giggle, before continuing her explanation.