13. Pills

- Lorenzo Romero - 

- Lorenzo Romero - 

I watched how Nicolas handled my little Chiara with so much tender care, that I wondered why I didn't just learn to be a doctor like he did. My parents always boasted to me about how he was so smart, so I should have listened. 

Like I should have listened to everyone and gotten off the pills I had still been taking for years. I couldn't stop. It was a reliever. 

So, I turned the back on the people that had become my entire world in these past couple of years, and swallowed the final drug, relieving me of all my previous stress and worry. 

Would I ever use these pills to overdose? no. Have I ever overdosed? no. Had I seen it been done before? yes, I had. Did it scare me? yes, of course it did. 

It scared me because I had people to live for nowadays, and one of them being my baby sister in that room, being re-stitched up like a doll. That was all she had been to other people, but to me, she was like a drug; I couldn't go a day without seeing her smile. 

It hurt to withdraw from her, but now, now I wouldn't let anything happen to her. "Drink?" my cousin, Chase, offered me an already opened beer. I knew that I shouldn't drink while I had just taken my anxiety pills that I was told to stop taking at the age of 18, but I still took them at 21. 

They stopped the constant thoughts and the voice in the back of my head twisting everyone's words to negative things about myself. "Thanks" I took the drink from his outstretched hand and took a big gulp. 

"How you holding up?" Chase questioned. He had been through a similar situation with my little cousin, Oscar, who had been taken from them at birth, but he was found with there acholic aunt. 

But the real question was how am I really going with everything changing so fast around me? I had never dealt well with change, so I was told to take these pills. 

After I had obviously started to out grow my fear, I was allowed to stop taking them. Initially, I did. I didn't get the script re-filled for a solid 5 months, but that all turned around. 

I was starting college and things just weren't great at home with Ange, Gio and Luca's custody battle. The same one that had been continuing for so many years on end that even the judges had changed at least twice for one case. 

One case that had held the lives of three little boys and a little girl at one stage. 

"Alright" was the word that seemed most fitting. I couldn't say fine or okay because that warranted questions to follow, and I wasn't good or bad, so alright was in the middle. No questions needed to be asked, because I didn't want to delve into my mind. 

If I opened my mind to an average person, they would call me a psycho or someone that should be put in asylum, as the way that people's words are twisted would make someone run for the hills.