05. Fever and Ribs

- Chiara Romero - 

- Chiara Romero - 

After I had practically thrown everything that I had eaten a few minuets ago back up, I collapsed on the cold, tiled floor of the bathroom. "Shit" I heard someone mutter before my cold body was picked up into warm ones, causing my body to flinch away. I didn't like this. Nothing was really registering with me besides the familiarity of this person's arms.

My eyes were slowly closing but I tried to keep them open. My stomach wouldn't stop churning, and I felt hot but then I felt cold. What was going on? "Leo!" the person holding me, shouted as he opened the door with his foot, before walking out of my room that I had become familiar with.

I flinched when the person shouted, causing him to mutter a small "sorry" before we continued through an apartment. "Come on Chi, keep your eyes open" the person muttered, who I know knew to be Lorenzo, or Enzo as he said.

"What's wrong Enzo?" I vaguely heard someone's footsteps running towards us, but I didn't bother to open my eyes or even look at the person. "She threw up the pizza she had eaten and then collapsed on the floor. Her body is icy cold, and I don't know what to do" Enzo sounded different. 

"'m fine" I stuttered over my words, but I knew this was something more than what I had ever fixed myself. I don't normally get sick, so why was I sick this time? Why was I sick, and Enzo wasn't, and we had eaten the exact same thing?

"Chiara, let us help you" Enzo responded, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. Before I knew it, I was placed down on a soft surface that I was unfamiliar with, causing me to open my eyes. I looked to see that Enzo was standing behind this new unfamiliar man, that was blocking my eyesight.

"Chiara, I am just going to check up on everything" the new man spoke, causing my breathing to pick up and I became panicked. I don't want him to check up on everything. I would hurt him. "Enzo" I called out, tears springing to my eyes as panic laced my tone. I didn't trust this new person, and I didn't want to be left alone.

"I'm here, princess" I felt him grab my freezing cold hand in his, as the man pressed something in my ear, causing me to squirm in discomfort. "Shh, shh, your ok" Enzo tried soothing my tears, but nothing was working. All I wanted was for it to stop.

A beep was heard in my ear as the thing that was plunged down it was pulled out. I looked at this new man, who seemed shocked at the reading on whatever he was holding. "Shit, 102. Definitely a fever" the man muttered, before he put his thing back in his bag.

"Was there anything else that you wanted me to check, Leo?" the man questioned, turning his back to me. Enzo sat beside me, moving my head, so I sat up and crawled towards him. Everything was hurting and I wanted it to stop. Everything around me was spinning and I just wanted it to all stop.

I clutched onto Enzo's shirt, as I let the tears fall down my cheeks, not bothering that there was buttons pressing into my broken ribs and churning stomach. "I think we will leave her for now. Any medication that I should give her?" I overhead this Leo person say.