(Un) Hidden Part 2

The atmosphere in the room grew increasingly tense as Preeta failed to return, leaving her family in a state of anxious helplessness. Worrisome thoughts circulated among them, speculating about what might be happening to her. Karan, despite his injuries, shouted and desperately searched for an escape route. The room was filled with a palpable sense of fear as they awaited Preeta's fate.

After what felt like an agonizingly long time, Preeta finally entered the showroom, her hands still bound and bearing the marks of mistreatment. Her tear-filled brown eyes, bloodied lips, and disheveled hair evoked both pity and anger from everyone present. Although her presence brought a sense of calm to her family, the anger at her dire state was evident.

Karan, with clenched teeth, demanded to know who was responsible for her condition. Preeta, biting her lips, could only look at him, struggling to find the words to explain. Shristi bombarded her with questions about why she was taken and what had been done to her. Despite the verbal barrage, Preeta sighed deeply and managed to say, "I'm fine," accompanied by a painful moan from her busted lips.

"Who did this?" asked Karan through clenched teeth. Preeta only looked at him, biting her lips. What can she tell him after all?

"Di, why did they take you? What did they do with you? Are you okay?" Shristi questions one after another. Along with her everyone keeps on asking her without giving her a space to answer. She sighed deeply.

"I'm fine", she said again and an aching moan left busted lips. She didn't realize that she was hurt badly. Karan winced at her pain and again commanded the goons to open his hands. While others asked him to calm down, he can't stop looking away. Something strange was happening to him, the thought of someone hitting her was burning him. He wanted to destroy the one who caused her agony. The fan goon finally gave in and untied Karan. 

For the first time, he didn't care about the family and just hugged her close and tight. Different reactions surfaced but he didn't care. Tenderly her touched her face and she consciously but softly called his name. Karan closed his eyes tightly, his eyes burned, he gulped once, twice, and took a deep breath. He thought he might cry. She was hurt but he was in agony. The family was looking at them shockingly. 

"You okay?" he asked softly as if a little loud tone with break her. Rishab, Sameer, and even Prithvi were shocked by his tone, they couldn't believe he was capable of speaking like this. And Preeta who had designed the whole scene was lost. She didn't know why Karan was so sad.

"Why did they ask you out?" again he asked.

"They got the wrong person; they were looking for some Preity. An old lady was held captive, she was Preity's mother. When I asked them to let the woman go, they hit me. I'm fine just a little bruise. I promise". She informed Karan. Subconsciously she was calming him, but the more she spoke the more he clenched his jaw.

Karan closed his eyes once again and exhaled to calm his nerves. At the same time, Preeta was looking at the two captives who brought her back to the showroom. They positioned themselves very strategically so that their bodies were hidden from the other four bozos. They looked at Preeta and blinked twice and the next minute the other hostage-takers were on the ground. Screams filled the walls, "Stay where you are", shouted one of the gunners. 

"We are the police; don't worry you are saved". The gunner said. Everyone was shocked, they looked at Preeta. And she sheepishly smiled. "Preeta Ji?" Rishab questioned with curiosity. "They saved me and asked me about the location of other hooligans, I just helped them", she explained.

"By acting as bait" Karan scorned, "Do you have an idea how dangerous that was?", he shouted losing his composure. Preeta shrank back. "All is well when the ends well", she said meekly, and everyone calmed down. Her sweet tone was enough to tame them all. Both families were uncomfortable with Preeran's interaction, but they will address this issue later. In the protection of the forces, everyone left the mall. Preeta who was at the center of the group looked back on the second floor and gave a small smile. Not a meek sweet smile but a cunning murderous smile.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Everyone was sitting in Arora's house, the hall was peaceful, and the smell of freshly brewed tea was simmering creating a warmth. Luthra brothers were sprawled on the sofas without the concern of propriety, after all, they just had a hand-to-hand combat with death. And to stop Karan from finding the one who hit Preeta was as difficult as hiking the Himalayas. Now completely drained no one cared about manners, even Rakhi Luthra was not worried about her haphazard appearance, Sherlyn was also leaning back and Prithvi was also for once quiet. 

After freshening up and having tea, Preeta looked around and said, "Where is Janki Aunty, Prithvi Ji?"

The quiet Prithvi who had his eyes closed jerked awake and looked at her. And on cue, the family realized that Janki was not anywhere. They hadn't seen her since Prithvi took her for a stroll. 

The room, once filled with calmness , now held an tension and concern.

To be continued..........

Up next

The moon hung low in the midnight sky, casting a pale glow over the quiet town. Preeta, shrouded in darkness, moved stealthily through the deserted streets. Her steps were hushed, the only sound the distant howl echoing through the stillness. She navigated the narrow alleys, her destination was a small, dimly lit cafe tucked away in the heart of the town. The flickering neon sign outside spelled out "Midnight Brew," its letters dancing in the shadows. As she approached, she saw the faint silhouette of a figure sitting by the window, cloaked in mystery. Pushing open the creaking door, Preeta entered the cozy cafe. Her friend, sat there, his face obscured by the shadows. A low voice greeted her, "You came." 

Outside, the town slept, oblivious to the secrets unfolding within the confines of Midnight Brew. The mysterious rendezvous held an air of urgency as if time itself dared not interrupt the exchange of information that could alter the course of Preeta's fate.

A/N

I've experienced a delay once again, and I sincerely apologize for that. I had an important event that couldn't be missed, and with the winter season here, my natural inclination toward laziness seems to have been amplified. Dealing with writer's block has been challenging; it's as if the ability to think has momentarily deserted me. I appreciate your patience, and I'm sorry if you were eagerly awaiting an update.

Additionally, the issue with Wattpad login persists, and the web connection has been frustratingly slow. I'm hopeful that someone can guide me in resolving this matter.

On a positive note, I received a heartwarming text from a reader expressing curiosity and eagerness for the next installment of my story. This brought me immense joy, and I dedicated even a half-chapter to that thoughtful reader. If you're reading this, thank you for your encouragement and support. Thank you @jisna......