Page 52

Janet

Janet

My mind grew foggy trying to figure out what the hell he was talking about. "What abortion" I asked while placing my gentle touch on his shoulder. Once his fingers loosened its grip on the bottle I fully pulled it from him with my other hand.

"You really don't know" he asked gazing in my eyes.

"No" I said taking a seat.

"She was pregnant when I left her, with my baby and she aborted the baby because of YOU" his roaring voice raised startling me.

"Me" I almost chuckled a little.

He aggressively bit his bottom lip in his teeth. Bryan stood over me with his red cheeks. "You're the reason she doesn't want a family with me" he spat out.

"How am I the reason?"

"Because she said we'd end up like you and James"

My throat grew tight, my eyes were watering in that moment. "That's enough Bryan" I said shifting my eyes from him.

"She doesn't want to end up like you" it was hard for me to watch his pain. The words he used reminded me of my own. It brought back memories of the nights I used to tell myself I was nothing but a deadbeat and a coward. I instantly began to weep and sob. Bryan's harsh face softened as he watched me begin to sob.

He got down on his knees in front of me, his face was leveled with mine. "I want a grandchild Bryan, I'm on your side I really am" I cried.

"Janet, oh" I could hear Gil's voice soften. "Bryan what did you do?"

Gil walked onto the bus, he watched his every step walking around Bryan's mess. "And why is Janet crying?" Gil looked to Bryan raising one brow with his hands on his hips.

"Stress" Bryan said shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright whatever it is, we have a show in two hours. Janet are you ok?"

I nodded my head as my tears filled my eyes. My vision was blurry. "Bryan clean this mess and head back to the venue" Gil said stern. "Right now"

"Yes sir" Bryan jumped up.

Gil walked me back to the venue with his arm around me. "What really happened on that bus J?"

"Bryan's going through it"

"Family issues?"

"Yeah, I just need to get into wardrobe for tonight"