Page 16

Janet

The morning after Christopher questioned our son I had a meeting with Ken and the team. My mind was stuck on murder I was so angry. It took a lot for me not to kill Christopher in his sleep last night. After all we've been through he wanted to test my son like I was some groupie.

In my deep thoughts I could feel a warm hand placed on mine. I sat at the table next to Gil with the rest of the team. He placed his hand on mine waking me up out of my trance as I thought about the night before.

"Hey J, are you ok" he whispered.

I took a deep sigh faking a smile. "Is it that obvious?"

He slowly nodded his head. "We can talk after this if you want" he said.

"Yeah we can talk"

Ken eventually looked up from his phone. "I'm sorry guys that was one of my clients. But right now we're focused on Janet. When do you want to go on tour" he asked smiling at me.

"As soon as possible" I said with no hesitation.

His forehead creased as he tilted his head. "Are you sure J, I mean didn't you just have a baby?"

"Yeah, I'll get in the gym with my trainer and be in shape" I said maintaining eye contact. "Lose the pregnancy weight I'll be ready in no time"

He squinted his eyes at me while crossing his arms. "Your serious, I mean I'm ready whenever you are. Shit we can start the tour today if you wanted to" he said in playful tone making the crew laugh.

After planning my next tour the meeting was finished after another thirty minutes. Everyone eventually got up leaving but Gil grabbed me before I could leave. It was just the two of us alone in the room.

"So what's going on because your now your going on tour right after having my nephew" he said crossing his arms.

I sighed sitting down in the seat next to me. Gil stood over me holding his arms in the same position waiting for me to say something.

"Gil, Christopher wanted to get him tested" I said looking up at him.

"Tested for what?"

"He didn't think the baby was his" I said making Gil gasp dropping his jaw.

"Nooo" he said sitting in the chair in front of me.

"Yeah, he told me last night. I wanted to kill him I was so fucking angry. And I'm still mad, I can't even look at the bastard" I said before clinching my jaw and fist.

"Yeah J I can see it in your face. The last time I saw you this mad was the Super Bowl. Why would he think the baby wasn't his?"

"Because the baby's a little light"

"A little, No the babies white but isn't Christopher half white?"

"My point! I told him Eissa is taking after his white side. And he's like Ohhhh I didn't think of that" I said imitating Christopher's deep voice.

Gil's eyes rolled around in his head. "Of course he didn't. It's just like a man to just assume you've been cheating right"

I could feel my eyes water and a lump in my throat. "That's his baby and it hurts that he would think that" I forced the words to come out before letting my tears fall.