Page 40

Janet

Story eventually started dating Eric. He would come over for dinner every once in a while. I had to remind Christopher he's just a kid. Eric's thirteen and he's showing that he truly cares.

We even met his parents, they seemed to have the same intentions as we did. Christopher still doesn't trust them to this day. He says they want our money but I can't say till I see some proof.

Not to long after that pool party I was back to working. My team and I were playing on this tour. I came up with the name Together Again for the tour while in a meeting with the team.

"Ok Together Again tour, I like it" Ken spoke.

"Are we dropping new music" Gil asked.

I shook my head no feeling an uneasy feeling. "I'm not ready to release anything new"

He smacked his tongue while making a dramatic face. "Why not" Ken asked.

"I don't want people to buy my tickets because of new music. I want them to come see me because they still like my old songs. Matter fact this year I'll perform songs I've never performed before and we should switch things up" I spoke in an upbeat tone.

"Ok" Ken said grabbing his pen. "Let's switch things"

"New dancers" Dean asked in his British accent.

"No I want to keep the four boys. That's different, I've never danced with just guys on a tour before"

"Right and with less bodies on stage the fans can focus more on you Janet" Gil said.

Ken started jotting down in his notepad as we continued to brainstorm. "Janet, do you want the same four dancers" Dean questioned.

"Yeah that'd be great"

"Mike got a new gig, I don't think he can dance this tour" he said.

"Fuck" I sighed.

For the essence festival I danced with four guys. Mike, Guero, Denzel and Maniek. I was comfortable and l familiar with the four guys. The thought of finding a new dancer bothered me.

"Ok so I guess we'll need to hold auditions for the new guy" Gil spoke.

"Yeah, let's do that. I'll go make some calls and get these auditions stared" Ken spoke.

After our meeting I couldn't wait to get home to my family. Christopher and I were putting the tree up with the kids. We were in the first week of December and the kids were extremely excited for Christmas.

As soon as I entered the house front door both of my kids bombarded me with their smiling faces. The two of them crowded me at the door. "Hey mom" Story spoke.

"Hii baby" I sung.

"Hi mom, can we put up the Christmas tree now? Please" Eissa sung while wrapping me in his hug.

I hugged him back squeezing him tightly. Eissa was growing so fast, he grew at least two inches the past year. He was half my height, I hope he takes over his fathers height. Story and I were eye to eye but I knew in a year or two she'd be taller than me.