Page 39

Janet

"Heyy Stevanna" I spoke wrapping my free arm around her for a hug. "Thanks for coming"

"You know I wouldn't miss Story's little party" she said in her pretty sun dress.

Stevanna was one of the few adults at Story's pool party. Her father and I finally made it happen for her. She wouldn't let us forget even if we wanted to. Story kept bringing up her pool party.

Stevanna, Austin, Rebbie and a few of my brothers made it. The rest of the party was mainly full of Story's class. Christopher and I honestly excepted maybe eight or ten kids to show up. Nope there had to be the whole eighth grade.

"Oh my god, how many kids are in your backyard" Stevanna gasped out of shock.

She followed me to the bar by the patio near the pool. "I don't know I lost count" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Wait I have to go see Story" Stevanna said before leaving me.

At the bar sat the rest of the adults. "Story must be real popular at her school" Randy spoke.

"Or their parents wanted to be nosy and see what was inside Janet Jackson's house" Rebbie said.

"That's why we threw the party at our other house. We barely come to this house. We have six more properties" Christopher spoke as he sat at the end of the bar. "I don't know if you guys noticed but we barley have any furniture inside" he said as I sat in his lap.

"Right I was wondering why Janet's never mentioned this location. This house is nice" Marlon said.

"And big as fuck. What the hell are you doing with all of this space if you barley even spend a night here" Randy cried.

"I like it" I said shrugging my shoulders.

We played music on the loud speaker while the kids continued to laugh and talk over the music. The pool was filled with kids. Some of them ran around shooting each other with water guns.

"Story's growing so fast" Stevanna said coming up to me. She leaned onto the bar standing next to Christopher and I. "Eissa too, he didn't have time for me. He's over there trying to impress Story's friends"

"Oh yeah, what is he doing" Christopher asked with a smirk on his face.

"He's over there dancing, you see that circle of kids" she said pointing behind me. Turning my body around in Christopher's lap I could see the kids. They all jumped in a circle.