"Mom, you need a new fill-in" Story said looking at my hand. I looked down at the chipped lavender polish on my hand.

"What color do you think I should do next?"

She tilted her head thinking hard. "Blue" she said looking at me.

"Ok, paint my nails, do you have baby blue?"

Story had a shelf full of different polish's. Story was into hygiene and keeping her nails painted. That was something she picked up from Stevanna because at her age I wasn't painting my nails. I didn't start painting my nails till I was in my late thirty's.

"Let me check" she got up and went behind her desk. I sat on her bed in her room.

Behind her desk was her shelf full of drawers her endless shelves that reached the ceiling to the room. At the top was most of her decoration's, since Christopher was the only one in the house that could reach it. She turned around with her bright face to smile at me.

In her hand was a small polish bottle. "Got it, come sit in the chair"

I got up and did as she told. Story gave me her spare seat and she sat in her desk chair. "So how was your summer" I asked as she began filing the polish from my nails.

"It was okay, Betty took us out a few times but I really like when Stevanna came over" she said focusing on my hands.

"Oh yeah" I said surprised. No one told me Stevanna was still visiting the kids. "What did you guys do with your big cousin?"

"We had a sleepover" she began smiling with her rosey cheeks.

"Are you sure? Betty would've told me if someone came over"

She looked up at me tilting her head looking up at me. "Yes mom, I'd remember if my favorite cousin came over. She took me and Eissa to her apartment for a sleepover and brought us back home safely"

I was starting to think Betty over. If she wouldn't tell me about Stevanna taking the kids then what else has she hidden from me. Once Story finished my nails we began talking about Eric.

"He's good mom"

"Just good, that's it?"

"Yeah mom, I'm not telling you everything" she chuckled putting her curls behind her right ear.

My eyes widened. "Ohhh so you got something to tell" I teased her in a witty tone.

"No mom" she began to blush giggling.

My phones ringtone began to play from Story's bed. I got up and saw Tasha's call. "Your lucky I have to take this" I said before picking up the phone.

"Hey Tasha girl" I sung.

"Jaaaannet, you're finally home, we need to get together soon" she spoke in her loud cheery voice.

"We do, I miss you"

"Girl I miss your little self too. I'm actually planning a girls trip to Italy next month and I know you're a busy woman so feel free to say no. But you are invited"

"Oh my god, that sounds fun. Who's going?"

"One of my girlfriends, Janet you'll love her. She's so fun"