9

Y/N POV

Less than fifteen minutes after leaving the airport, I was already pulling over in the parking lot of the grocery store. The store was a bit packed up than usual which was surprising because it wasn’t weekend yet. I didn’t think much about it before I entered the store.

Okay where is the aisle for mustard?

Before you ask, I have not shopped in New York before, so things were different from how they were at Madrid.

Wait why were they so complicated?

I internally groaned because I didn’t ask Ethan how to do this before he left, and now I was finding it difficult to shop. Before I could move any further, I heard an uproar from the entrance of the store then with shouts of excitement from people around.

Okay what’s going on?

Maybe it’s some important person that just came to shop. Why can’t they just let them shop in peace? I mean they are also humans like us, so they should be given that privacy at least to shop.

Thankfully, I’m not as popular as I am in Madrid here in NYC; it would have been disastrous because I don’t do that well with crowds, so it would have been a very difficult one for me.

I looked again in front of me and the crowds have really increased, it was making it difficult for me to shop again.

This person must really be famous.

Guess I have to settle for ordered foods then, because there is no way I would be able to get all I need with these crowds. I sighed before putting the grocery list back in my pocket while I was trying to find the nearest exit route to leave. Both entrance doors were both blocked because the huge amount of people there, so there was obviously no way to go through.

Who is this person?

I decided to go ease myself then probably go through the kitchen backdoor or something.

But first, where are the toilets?

It wasn’t difficult to find them, so I went in and did my business before I came to wash my hands. As I was doing that, I was hearing faint sounds coming from one of the stalls but I didn’t think too much about it because I felt my ears were deceiving me. Not long after, I heard the whimpers still faint but I knew then that I definitely wasn’t alone.

“Hello!! Is someone there?” I asked loudly. I got no response back afterwards, maybe I was indeed hearing things. Less than five minutes, I heard movement from the same stall.

Okay, what’s going on?

Someone was definitely in there but was either scared to come out or something.

“You know, I know you are in there. Just come out, I’m not here to hurt you.” I calmly said.

I didn’t hear for a while, then I heard the lock being pushed from behind the door but no one came out. I then slowly approached the door and softly opened the door, to let the person know that I meant no harm to them whatsoever.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a very beautiful young girl with the cutest eyes standing at the edge of the wall, looking so scared and fragile. Her eyes were so swollen so that meant just one thing; she had been crying.

But why?

I walked to her to slow strides, raising my hands in surrender to show her that I was indeed there to help. When I got closer to her, I noticed that she was literally shaking and silently crying.

I didn’t want to immediately offer her a hug because I didn’t know how she would react, so I was at loss on what to do. Seems like she saw the conflict in my eyes because she launched herself to me as soon as I was close enough.

Okay seems like she is a hugger then.

I wonder who she is.

We hugged for quite some time with me whispering “It’s okay”, “You are safe” and all good stuffs just to calm her down, because it seemed she was so tensed up and anxious. I continuously rubbed her back as her head was laying on my chest while I made sure I hugged her tightly.

After few minutes of hugging, she seemed to have relaxed before she lpulled back from my embrace. At least, she looked like she had calmed down than she was before. I still held her hands just to offer the support, making her know I was there with her.

“Hey little one, are you feeling okay now?” I softly asked her.

She slid down to the ground before putting her head in her hands, silently crying again. I went to the ground with her and held her as she was sobbing. Eventually I tried calming her down, then I prompted her to talk to me.

“When we got the store, my mum met few fans that needed autographs and selfies from her. My mum loves her fans, so she decided to attend to every one of them. Then, probably someone started posting that she was around and before we knew it, people became so much in the store that our security guards couldn’t control the crowd anymore. Soon, I saw myself all alone without anyone around me; I couldn’t find my mum or my other sister. So, I got scared and looked for the toilets to hide before you saw me. And I can’t call any one because my phone battery is dead, I really don’t know what to do anymore.” She said almost crying again.

Oh, so she’s one of the kids to the famous person.

“Hey hey, take it easy. Don’t cry again, we would find your mum and your other sister. I just really need you to calm down, okay.” I told her.

“We would find them don’t worry about that.” I reassured her.

She just sighed when I said that before she nodded her head.

I mean love fans but really??! I mean they should have respected the fact that there were kids.

Now where would her mother be?

As I was thinking of what next to do, I heard her saying something to me.

“What did you say, little one?” I asked her.

“I just said that my name is Maya. What’s yours?” She asked as she looked at me.

“You have a really unique and pretty name. And I’m Y/N.” I gave her a small smile as I said that.

Her eyes immediately lit when I said before she spoke again,

“Wait, are you Y/N Y/L/N, the footballer?” she curiously asked with a bit of excitement in her voice.

I was so surprised she asked that and I nodded my head. She literally pumped her hands in the air out of excitement before she abruptly hugged me. I was beyond speechless but I still hugged her back while I was laughing out of shock.

“Yes!!! I knew I would meet you before Dani. Gosh!!!! I’m so happy.” She excitedly said.

“You really need to meet them, like right now.” She added as she jumped up while pulling me with her.

“Okay little one, you have to calm down.” I laughed as I spoke. I didn’t understand her excitement but it seemed she knew who I was.

“C’mon, we have to go now.” She skipped to door while she was speaking.

She is one of a kind.

With that last thought, we left the toilets to go find her mum and her sister.     

**
Well well….:( please don’t forget to vote, comment and follow. Don’t forget it’s a slow burn, so read on😉