025🩵

Alexis Malfoy was spiralling out of control. She was always drinking. She was showing up late for classes.

None of the professors knew what to do with her. It was hard to see one of Hogwarts most promising students struggling.

Narcissa had tried to talk to her. But she wasn't having it. She wanted nothing more than for people to stop going on at her.

Alexis had been told she needed to stop or she risked losing everything. Part of her didn't care. She felt as though she had nothing to lose.

Things with her and Draco had been hard as hell. She had barely talked to her twin. Knowing he was just going to go on at her.

Severus hadn't looked her in the eye at all. She didn't care. She had more important things to worry about. She needed to somehow make everything seem as though it was going to be okay.

But it wasn't. Alexis was far from okay. And she couldn't make out she was. Not when she was spiralling out of control.

It wasn't her. And she hated it. She needed help. But she wasn't going to admit it. She was a Malfoy. And she never admitted when she needed help.

All she knew was that something needed to change. But she wasn't going to admit she needed help. Not when she made out she was strong.

Morning came and she walked down into the common room. Draco was there. She rolled her eyes. "Oh look. It's mini lucifer."

"You need to drop this act now Alexis. You're just making things hard for yourself. What if you get kicked out of school? You going to spend all your time at the manor? Being father's verbal punch bag?" Draco told her.

Alexis turned to him. "Why do you think you have the right to tell me what to do? You don't. You may resemble father. But you're not him. He's a monster don't be like him," she said.

"I'm not. But you're making this so hard for everyone. I don't know what's going on with you. You're my twin. And I'm worried. Don't shut me out," he said.

Alexis looked to him. She said nothing as she walked out. Knowing how things were all too much. Not wanting to deal with this.

***
Alexis was sitting in potions. She looked up as Severus walked by. "Be here tonight after classes have ended."

"Why? I'm not having sex with you."

"No you insolent little brat. I have arranged with your mother for your sister to come here. She will be here 7pm after dinner."

Alexis just nodded. She didn't know why. But she didn't trust it at all. She smiled. "If this is a trick, I will disappear on you. And my mother. So think twice before you try and trick me," she warned.

Severus rolled his eyes. "You are an insolent little girl aren't you? If you want to kill yourself with this drinking. I won't stop you."

"Good."

Severus walked off. He knew Alexis was struggling. And he wanted to somehow make it better for her. But he couldn't do that.

***
Alexis walked into the potions classroom. Severus was there. She saw Grace and smiled. "Didn't think I'd see you," she said.

Grace looked to her. "Mother told me. You're trying to make yourself  unwell with the drinking?" She asked.

"No. It's complicated."

"No. It's not. You need to stop. They won't let me return to Hogwarts cause of father. But it won't be long until it's because of you. So for me, stop it," Grace said.

Alexis looked to her and frowned. But could she stop herself from going too far off the rails?