019💙

Alexis hated how everything was going wrong for her. She hated how her family had fallen apart. Grace was in the manor trying to help her father. But it was no good. Lucius had fallen from Grace with the dark lord and the whole Malfoy family were suffering because of it.

Alexis knew how Severus was the one constant in her life that never let her down. He was always there for her. He was the one good thing she had in her life.

Alexis knew how the war was coming up. She knew how soon enough there would be a battle for life and death. She knew she was going to lose people that she cared about. But she had no idea how to prepare for it all.

When she woke that morning, she sighed and saw she was in Severus' bed. She grabbed his shirt from off the floor and left the bedroom.

She saw Severus sitting on the sofa. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked to him.

Severus sighed. "Your sister she had escaped with Potter from the manor. She was captured again. Your father is free from Azkaban. It isn't looking good for your mother. The damage done to her is looking irreversible," he told her.

Alexis felt sick as she looked to him. She couldn't believe it. "You're saying my mother is dying?"

"I'm not saying that. I'm saying that she is damaged. But she is not near death," Severus said as he turned to her.

Alexis sighed. She looked into his eyes. "Don't die on me. Okay?" She said as she looked to him.

"You know I cannot promise that. You know it," Severus said as he stood up and walked off.

Alexis sat there and sighed. She hated how her life wasn't the same. How she wasn't happy. The only time she was happy was when she was with her family and Severus. But she knew it was all going to change. Nothing was going to be the same again.

***
Alexis walked into the great hall. She saw Draco and sat with him. "Have you heard from Grace? I'm told she's back at the manor," she said.

Draco sighed. "She's in the cellar. She's not allowed out. She was caught by snatchers. Potter got away. He left her behind."

Alexis sighed. She looked to him. "When did our family become so broken? Our father is in Azkaban. Our mother is basically broken. Grace is all alone at the manor," she mumbled.

"I know. It will be okay. I'm going to go to the manor. And I'll bring Grace back. I will give myself to the dark lord in exchange for her," Draco said.

Alexis shook her head. She looked to him and sighed. "You can't do that Draco. You really can't," she told him.

"I'm doing what father never did. Protecting my family. Mother is almost dead thanks to aunt Bella and her need to be a nutter. I'm saving us," Draco said as he stood up and walked off.

Alexis sat there and watched as Draco walked off.

***
Alexis walked into St Mungos. She wanted to see her mother. "I'm here to see Narcissa Malfoy. I'm her daughter."

"This way. I'm afraid what you say may not remind you of your mother."

Alexis took a deep breath and walked into the room. She saw her mother lying in bed. She felt her heart breaking. "M-Mother?"

"Alexis."

Alexis saw how broken her mother was. She was a shell of her former self. "Mummy, we need you to get better. I need you, Gracie needs you. Draco too. Please get better," she sobbed.

***
Alexis walked back into Hogwarts. Pansy walked towards her. "You need to go hospital wing now. It's Grace."

Alexis took off running. She saw Draco there. "What did you do?" She asked as she looked to him.

"I did what I had to. To save our sister. I've now taken fathers place with the dark lord."

Alexis felt sick as she looked to him. She couldn't believe it. But she had no idea how everything was about to change.

Especially between her and Severus. But would they make it through the war in one piece? Or would Alexis lose someone close to her?