020💜

Alexis sat by Grace's bedside. She had been there almost all of the time when she wasn't in class. She didn't want her sister to wake up and realise she was alone.

Narcissa had been sent to live with Andromeda. And Alexis knew it was the last place anyone would look for her. She knew how messy everything was. She knew how messed up her family had become.

Draco had given himself to the dark lord in order for him to save Grace. And she knew how he was suffering with it. All that Alexis knew was that everything was falling apart.

She looked up as Severus walked in. He sighed. "You are needed in class. Your aunt Andromeda is coming to sit with Grace. She will be okay."

Alexis looked to him. She sighed. "Have you heard how my mother is doing?" She asked.

"No. But you can ask your aunt when she arrives. Your mother is with the muggle. He is looking after her. How she is doing, I do not know," Severus told her.

Alexis nodded and sighed. She kissed Grace's head. She smiled. "I'll be back soon Gracie," she said as she turned and left with Severus.

As soon as they were alone, Severus pulled her into a kiss. He looked to her. "You need to stop doing so much for everyone. You are only one person," he told her.

"I'm doing what I can for everyone," Alexis said as she laid her head on his chest.

Severus glanced around, making sure they were alone before he kissed her again. "Come to my chambers tonight. You are getting your sleep. I will keep you restrained if need be."

***
Alexis saw Draco and smiled. She looked to him. "Are you okay?" She asked as she sat with him.

"I'm having to make up for fathers failings. I don't know how much more I can cope with it. I just don't want to let anyone else get hurt," Draco said as he looked to her.

Alexis smiled. "You didn't have to do this. We could have figured out a way to do this together. You don't have to put fathers failings on your head. You know that right?"

Draco sighed. He looked to her. "I just want to make sure that if mother or Grace die, then it wasn't in vain. That I can put our family name in highstanding again."

Alexis knew how much her brother was putting on his shoulders. And she knew it would only be so long before he cracked. And she hated it.

Draco stood up and smiled. "I should go. Don't want to be late for potions," he said.

***
Alexis walked into the common room. She saw her aunt andromeda sitting there. "How's my mother?" She asked immediately.

"Narcissa is doing well. She isn't as bad as she was. But there's still a long way to go. They don't know when Grace will wake up. There's a lot of damage done to her. They're preparing that she isn't going to wake up," Andromeda told her.

Alexis felt a tear slip down her cheeks. She sat on the sofa. "I hate my father for this. I hate how he's a coward."

"Bellatrix did most of the damage. Lucius is just as much a victim. I am not defending him. But he has been targeted in Azkaban."

***
Alexis was lying in bed with Severus. They'd just finished having sex. Severus looked to her and sighed. He knew he had to keep her safe somehow.

But with things getting more dangerous, would he be able to protect her?