Syren

Kitty Noir was running away from two black panthers. They were currently being helped by Rena Rouge, who was on top of a house. Somewhere away, Ladybug was waiting on top of a van for their plan to work.

"Oh, c'mon, guys, you wouldn't eat one of your cousins, would you?" She continued to run away from them while Rena Rouge jumped across the rooftops. She stopped and blew into her flute. "Mirage!" Suddenly, a lot of chops appeared on the road.

"How about some tasty chops instead?" she said to the two animals and jumped away using her staff. One of the panthers stepped on one of the chops, which caused it to disappear. They both started following the other meats, which kept disappearing, until they ran into a van.

Ladybug quickly closed its door, trapping the two animals.

The people who had now emerged from their hiding places began to cheer and clap. Kitty Noir smiled at the crowd and raised her fist to her partners. "Pound-" but she immediately stopped her sentence when she saw the other two girls run away.

"Hey, where are you going?" The two now turned to her. "Rena's about to transform back." Ladybug said as the other girl's miraculous beeped. Kitty Noir frowned at that.

"Okay, I get it, you have to take back the miraculous from her, but what is my role until then? I'm supposed to stay here and wait, right? Tell me, is there anything else you're hiding from me?" She looked away for a moment. "You don't trust me, M'Lady?" although she almost whispered, Ladybug heard her nonetheless.

She froze for a moment. Of course she trusted her, but she didn't know if she could tell her that. The longer she looked at her, the more guilty she felt. She hurt her again, even though she didn't deserve it. She promised herself she wouldn't hurt her again, but now she did it again.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Rena Rouge. "We really gotta jam." Ladybug wanted to answer her, but she didn't know what the perfect answer would be. "I-I promise to tell you, but I have to ask him about it first."

It looks like this only confused Kitty Noir even more. "Him? Who's him?" As much as she wanted to tell her, now was not the time. "T-There's no time for that now, I promise I'll tell you, Kitty Noir." With that, she and Rena Rouge jumped off.

Kitty Noir looked at their departing figures disappointed, but also a little angry. "I hate secrets." she muttered to herself. She understood that she had to take back the miraculous, but if she had something else to hide, then it included her, right? After all, they were both heroes.

She sighed and went home frustrated.

--------------------------------------

Y/N was now lying on the couch in her room staring at the ceiling boredly. She tried to distract herself, but she just couldn't. Did Ladybug really not trust her? What could be so important to hide from her?

These thoughts kept going through her mind and the more she thought about them, the more frustrated she became. So far they have told each other everything. Why not now? What has changed?

Beside her, Plagg was eating his cheese and occasionally glancing at her. He felt a little sorry for her.

"Plagg, do you think Ladybug doesn't trust me?" the sudden question surprised him a little. "I'm sure she trusts you. There must be a reason she's not telling you." He knew he wasn't the best at comforting. He wanted to help, but he knew he might end up making it worse. Tikki was much better at this.

"Sure, but then what's the reason?" she grumbled to herself, still staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Plagg hurriedly flew away with his cheeses to find a place to hide and Y/N sat up. The door opened to reveal Adrien, who also looked a little nervous.