Preface

For those who'd like to skip, here's the gist: this is an ongoing story. Expect weekly updates and enjoy the wolf shenanigans. It's not the best edited, but I'm working on it. ;)

The long version for suckers––Ahem... I mean, true friends:

Hi, everyone! My name is Cy, and welcome to my passion project of nearly four years now. Yes, that is a long time to be stuck on one book, thank you for understanding my pain.

All jokes aside, this is a story I have poured my heart and soul into, written draft after draft for, and finally, we arrive here. Despite the innumerable hours I've spent working on this novel, it is still my first. It is flawed, it has holes, and I'm perfectly fine with that. This was a learning experience first and foremost, one that I'm glad to have shared with so many here, and one that has prepared me for better stories to come. I sincerely hope you enjoy reading this tale of family as much as I enjoyed nitpicking every detail––scratch that––as much as this story, and its characters, have grown close to my heart.

But first, some things to keep in mind: [Currently on a small HIATUS]

☆ This draft is ongoing and about 75% of its rough form is written offline. I have a decent backlog, but chapters will be posted once a week as I edit and write more. That rate may increase as I get close to completing the book, but expect around 4-5 updates a month, on Mondays.

★ This book is about wolves. Not those half-human impostors. If you expected shifters or werewolves, I hate to disappoint, but you must look elsewhere.

☆ That being said, these wolves are far from realistic. They display anthropomorphic (human-like) qualities in terms of speech, thoughts, and facial expressions. Think Lion King or any other Disney movie featuring animals. Though I have done much research, a lot of accuracy must be shed for the sake of the plot (most of which I came up with when I was like 12), so do not expect these wolves to display behavior completely accurate to that of their real-life counterparts.

★ In fact, all similarities between these characters and/or specific events in this novel and reality are completely coincidental.

☆ If you are reading this story on any platform other than W A T T P A D, you're reading on an unsafe website and are subject to malware. Please head on over to read my official story for free. Also, please do not use any of this copyrighted work without my permission, and let me know if you find this story or any part of it elsewhere.

★ This book is family-friendly and intended for the younger part of the YA-spectrum, meaning around 13. It displays themes slightly heavier than I deem middle-grade, including limited blood, death, and violence. They are wolves after all, but nothing is too heavily described. 

☆ There are also lightly-touched themes of ableism and self-doubt. There are also mentions of relationships, both good and bad. Some romance is present throughout and is a driving point of the plot. This is not a romance novel though, and everything described is little more than fluff. Again, wolves. No make out sessions.

★ This being the third-ish, and hopefully last draft, I've neared the end of the work I put into this story. You are welcome to make suggestions, but little of the actual plot is subject to change. The rest is fair game to rip to shreds and tell me what could be better––especially to any Guild members here. I do want helpful criticism regarding the writing itself, each individual scene and any grammar slip-ups or typos you find. All will go into account for the next round of editing, as I haven't had a ton of time for it yet.

☆ If you're a returning reader from More To Family, I'd love for you to let me know! There's most likely been quite a few changes since the last time you read, maybe even a shiny new title, and I'd love to hear your thoughts as you re-explore Drizzle's journey.

★ To all my readers, thank you so much for taking the chance to read A Drizzle of Home. Even just clicking this far means the world to me, and every vote or comment is appreciated more than you know! Thank you to everyone for their continued patience and support of this story. I couldn't have done it without you.

☆ Spotify playlist (WIP) tagged inline:

★ Current cover illustrated by me!

~☆~

Dedicated to:

My Family, My Home