Chapter Ten

"This is all waterproof, right?" Betty asks, still crying from when she saw me this morning. She got me the best room in the closest four start hotel because the five star is too far away for her comfort. We have a makeup artist each and we are currently getting our makeup done. Wedding day, it really came around quickly.

"Yes Ma'am." Her makeup artist says. "But it works best if I apply it when you're... dry." He says, trying to be soft.

"Of course." Betty says and takes a few deep breaths. I lean over and hold her hand, already almost done with my makeup. She holds on tightly and we sit there, hand squeezing hand until her makeup is done and is dry, able to withstand her tears.

"You look beautiful." I tell her softly, making her tear up again. "No tears, champagne." I say, passing her a glass. She nods and after a few sips she calms down. I put my dress on, Betty zipping it up for me.

"I have to go check on Thomas, But I will be right back." She says, leaving me alone in the room. My nails are done properly, shellac, because I have time now, to actually wear them. Thomas and I did one last surgery yesterday. We did a bowel resection together. It was honestly a little romantic. I got my nails done last night. Now I am standing in front of a mirror in a wedding dress, holding a bouquet of roses and lilies and daisies.

"Hannah?" Thomas asks as I call him. "You okay? My mum just left to go back up to see you."

"Promise me something?" I ask quickly.

"If you take a deep breath I'll promise you anything." He says seriously. I take a deep breath and I look at myself in the mirror.

"Promise you want to do this?" I ask. "You want to marry me, all of that."

"Hannah, I asked you to marry me twice. I want to marry you, the only thing that will stop me, is you saying no." He assures me. "Do you want to marry me?" He asks.

"Yes please." I mumble.

"There you go princess. I'll see you soon." He says. "I'll be waiting at the end of the aisle with a smile and a ring."

"I'll be the one in white." I tell him, hanging up when I hear his chuckle. I take a deep breath and I smile as Betty comes back.

"I just got the call, everyone is there, we're good to go." She says. I smile and nod. She takes my bag with things I may need, and we head downstairs once she gets the text that Thomas is at the venue. We walk down, hand in hand and she holds the bouquet as I watch the scenery change for less than two minutes.

I take the bouquet and we get the lift up to the event hall. I can't really do anything, it's like I am stumbling, waiting for something to hold onto, but my body is stable.

"So, I'll head in, the music will start. Then, happily ever after." Betty says, squeezing my hand. She walk in through a side room, and I take a few breaths, tapping my foot on the floor until it vibrates, and the music starts. I wish this was surgery. I don't care who watches me, I am an amazing surgeon. But this is terrifying. Who does this? Who gets married more than once? It's madness.

The doors swing open, and I look forward, and all of a sudden, he's there. I see Thomas there, at the end of the aisle, smiling. My body automatically walks over to him. The smiles tell me it's almost definitely not on time, the last few steps are basically jogged over to him, and I reach Thomas before the music fades.

"You are the most beautiful bride there ever was." Thomas says, smiling so happily. He lifts my hand and I spin, making everyone laugh, and it gives us time for the music to catch up and fade. I give my bouquet to Betty, and she cries silently into it as we get into position on the small stage.