Spiked Drink {Nick & Matt}

{Fair warning before reading that vomit is mentioned in this one. Please don't read this or skip over the later half of this if that's something that bothers you.}

____

The Sturniolos, don't drink or party often, if ever, Matt himself had never been much into it - that wasn't anything new. He didn't like the taste of liquor, or the way it scorched his throat when he swallowed it. Leaving a burning aftertaste in its wake. The hangover and migraine that always seemed to go hand in hand the following day weren't appealing to him either. It definitely didn't redeem the taste of it. If anything knowing that he'd feel shitty the next day just gave him more of a reason not to partake in any of it.

So yeah, In short, he wasn't a big fan of alcohol and Matt wasn't quite sure he enjoyed the setting of parties for that matter either. Never before had he thought to really enjoy the experience they brought. The first time he'd ever gone to one maybe he could see a bit of the appeal with it being a new experience and such. But anything after, not so much, it wasn't enjoyable once he knew what to expect from them. They were too loud for his liking, too overstimulating, and by halfway into them, Matt was almost always socially spent, wanting to leave. Veritably, his brothers weren't much different in that aspect. Of parties not being there forte, they weren't particularly into them either, with the exception of Chris on the rare occasion. Even then Matt knew the youngest infrequently was in the mood to go.

That was just the way it was, how it'd always been. Drinking had never fit into their regime, It just wasn't included in their lifestyle,

In Matt's mind, his perpetual dislike wasn't just the noisiness or sociableness It was more so about what could go wrong at the parties. With your mind exhilarated by the feeling and adrenaline that alcohol brought, there was so much unpredictableness that also came with it. You aren't in full control of yourself when you aren't sober, Matt knows that. There was too much that could happen, there was always the off chance of there being shady people there you couldn't always trust - too much that could go wrong. It didn't help that he was always thinking of the worst possibilities when it came to social outings, he was almost always storing away the nearest exits in his mind for later.

But casting all personal feelings aside this once they made an exception and went to one. It'd been for a friend's birthday, they'd been told it'd be a small party. It was proving to be anything but that,

''Matt,''

Against the pounding in his head, Matt pauses at the call of his name, taking the disposable plastic cup away from his lips. He'd been sipping casually throughout the night. But now the pungent smell of the alcohol suddenly burns at his nose rendering it unappetizing. His expression wrinkles in distaste and the scent's enough to have him putting down the drink he'd grabbed. With great difficulty, he manages to focus on his eldest brother, he knows it's Nick based on the blonde mop that filters his sight. As he blinks over at the other he chooses not to question why his vision feels as hazy as he does, why colors and shapes are bleeding together, becoming one. Or even why little dots are clouding along his vision. Instead, he pushes past all of it and forces himself to fully concentrate on Nick.

His brother looks at him expectantly awaiting a reply.

''Huh? Right, I - sorry, what were you saying,''

Nonplussed the blonde eyes him skeptically, focused on his pupils. Matt finds he doesn't like it.

''Stop looking at me like that already, will you? What is it, Nick?''

''Nothing,'' Nick denied, a careful shake of the head following. Matt rolls his eyes wholly unconvinced. His brother still has that ever-present watchful eye on him and Matt knows there's more that Nick hasn't said.