Uninteresting {Chris & Matt}

''You guys always forget to do me, I'm so boring,'' Matt bemoaned, using his hands to accentuate his words. His hand smacks along his thigh in emphasis on his words.

The movement and the sensation the slap brings neither changes nor averts what his eyes are already directed at. Steadily his vision stays trained on Chris as it usually does. He's waiting for a reply, a form of touch on his skin - Chris always had been the one to convey anything through touch. Matt's waiting for something, he doesn't know what it is just yet.

If his brothers had paid his words any mind they would've noticed the blatant self-depreciation seeping from his comment. It's so present that it slices through the air thickly.

But they hadn't, or if they have they don't fill him in on the fact. They hadn't seemed to of considered anything off with what he'd openly declared. And they wouldn't. Not with Nick being too engrossed in chattering, happy at being the one to talk. And the youngest triplet was another subject entirely; Chris wasn't just actively speaking. Chris didn't quite seem to realize that Matt was being serious. Wasn't kidding about what'd been said.

If his brother had been paying attention Matt knows the other would've heard the gloom in his tone, he knows it. Nothing ever gets past Chris. He also doesn't think the youngest would've continued on teasing him if Chris was aware. Vaguely he feels his youngest brother's eyes on him, and Nick's eyes soon follow.

And then Chris says it. Matt can physically feel his life crashing down,

''Yeah, you really are,'' Chris replied half-heartedly. Slowly Matt's mind processed what had been said.

And when it eventually did his expression dropped, arms dropping to his sides uselessly. Demeanor losing its lightheartedness, expression contorting into a slight pout.

It's such a simple comment, despite being mindful of that Matt still finds himself leaning into the passenger seat, willing himself to sink into it. The words impacted him. Simple as they may be.

Minutely, he looks away from his brother his cerulean-colored hues falling onto his thighs. Disengaging from the conversation, from their video. Nick thankfully lets him, taking control over his portion of talking.

Why is he like this? Cursed to take everything to heart no matter how insignificant it might be. He hates it.

Abhors taking offense to something so trivial. It's such a simple-minded comment Matt repeats to himself in his mind. So simple that there's no need to get sensitive, no use in taking it to heart when his brothers only joking, teasing one another is what they do. It's a part of their videos, an even bigger part of their dynamic. So yeah, the youngest probably doesn't even mean it. It isn't like Matt's innocent in it all either. He says stuff back all the time to Chris, it's a brother kind of thing.

He's overreacting then, being dramatic, Matt tells himself. A baby is what he is. He's behaving like a damned infant over one meaningless comment. A whiny baby.

And maybe that's what he is, that's what his brothers see him as. They tell him so half the time.

There's a chorus of laughter surrounding him, it dissipates his brooding. He thinks that Nick must've said something funny and he tries to be a part of it, really does. Forces out a laugh and everything just to avoid being a buzzkill.

Only Matt stops short, trying to sort out his jumbled mess of a mind, and suddenly nothing's funny anymore.

Because nothing else matters except for the fact that one of his worst fears - his biggest insecurities has been confirmed. He's boring, and uninteresting. Matt Sturniolo's reminded of why he feels he has no personality of his own.