Chapter Eleven - Leave

Start from the beginning

"Oh." Jake looks down, fidgeting with his fingers, "Sorry."

There's a few moments of silence before he continues.

"I had this really... weird dream. And when I woke up, I heard a noise. I'm sure it's just the people next door, but I'm a little paranoid." Jake says shyly, keeping his eyes down.

"Do you want me to check?" Sunghoon asks, slightly amused by Jake's timidness. Jake shakes his head and finally meets Sunghoon's eyes.

"It's fine. I don't know why I came here, sorry for waking you." Jake says. Sunghoon reaches out and grabs one of his hands.

"Sleep with me tonight. Your story has me paranoid too." Sunghoon lies. Jake's eyes light up but he tries to act casual.

"Sure, okay." He responds with a shrug. Sunghoon moves to let Jake in and then closes the door back.

"Your room is really... clean." Jake says quietly, looking around. Sunghoon shrugs. He slides back under his blanket and looks over at Jake, who stands beside the bed hesitantly. Sunghoon has to bite his lip to stop himself from smiling.

"Come here." Sunghoon whispers. He lifts the other side of the blanket, offering Jake the space.

"I'm not your boyfriend, but I'll keep you warm and safe." Sunghoon whispers, already closing his eyes as Jake gets under the blanket.

"Shut up." Jake grumbles. There's an awkward amount of space between them but Sunghoon is too tired to care. He falls back asleep almost immediately.

--------------------------------------------

Sunghoon wakes up again, feeling a foreign warmth against his side. He looks over and sees Jake curled up beside him, Jake's forehead rests against his arm. It takes another few seconds before he realizes they're holding hands.

When did that happen? Sunghoon had no idea.

He knew that Jake's hands were soft though, and his fingers fit nearly perfectly with his own. He rubs the back of Jake's hand with his thumb a few times before pulling away. Sunghoon slides out of his bed and grabs the clothes he had laid out the night before.

He goes to the bathroom, taking a shower and changing before returning to his bedroom. Jake is still asleep, and Sunghoon studies him for a few seconds. Jake looks really... pretty while sleeping. That's the only way for Sunghoon to describe him. He turns away and goes to the kitchen to find something to eat before heading out.

Maybe Jake was lucky and didn't have any classes today.

He eats quietly, spacing out as he stared at nothing in particular.

"Hey..." Jake's voice is soft and quiet, making Sunghoon's stomach feel weird. He looks over at the older, who is rubbing his eyes with the ends of his sleeves.