Chapter Nine - Thinking

A/N: Sorry for the wait :')
(NOT PROOFREAD)

"Yoi! Hang on. Sunghoon!" Jake calls, following after the other.

"What?"

"What happened?"

"What do you mean?" Sunghoon plops down onto his bed and watches Jake sit in the chair at his desk, scooting it closer so they are facing each other.

"Your eyes are red, the ends of your sleeves have wet spots on them... and your class ended at four and I know it doesn't take two hours to get here. Oh... and I know you weren't hanging out with anyone because it's pretty obvious that your circle of friends is so small it's almost nonexistent."

"Well... fuck you too, Jake." Sunghoon mutters, but still his lips twist upward into a small smile. Jake grins and scoots even closer to the point their knees were touching.

"So... what happened? Who do I need to fight?"

"Like you can fight." Sunghoon reaches forward and pushes Jake's shoulder.

"I could try!" Jake assures, earning an eye roll from Sunghoon.

"It's not that serious. It's just...my ex." Sunghoon explains. Jake nods slowly and gestures for him to elaborate.

"He's an asshole." Sunghoon whispers.

"Most are. Did he say something?"

"Not really... I think I'm more upset by the fact that he didn't say anything at all. That just means I'm right. And I hate when I'm right about bad people because I so desperately want to be wrong."

"Intuition is a bitch sometimes." Jake agrees.

"That sounds personal."

"It is. I have my own concerns, but right now, I'm focused on you." Jake says. Sunghoon nods and looks down at his hands.

"I wonder if he will leave Jay the way he left me?"

"Jay?"

"His... current boyfriend." Sunghoon explains. Jake nods to acknowledge his understanding.

"Can I ask what happened? I mean... how did you two end?"

Sunghoon sighs and fiddles with his hands. Jake reaches forward and holds them in his own.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"No, it's fine." Sunghoon swallows, "Well... obviously, he left me."

"Right, I got that part."

"Well... it was random. He suddenly told me he was moving, and that he didn't want to try long distance. I told him I could wait... but he basically said he might find someone better and didn't want to stay tied to me. Then he disappeared."

"Wow, what an asshole. You're definitely worth waiting for." Jake says. Sunghoon raises an eyebrow and Jake shakes his head, laughing awkwardly.

"N-Not like that." Jake moves his hands away and scratches the back of his neck, "I meant... in general, you know? You're a good guy. Smart, friendly, humorous... handsome."

"Jake..."

"A-And anyway, it's rude to just leave someone without an actual excuse." Jake adds, speaking quickly. Sunghoon notices the slight blush on Jake's cheeks but blames it on possible anger.