part 8: regrets

songs- redbone OR me and your momma (childish gambino) and the sweet escape (gwen stefani)

President Snow's body shook with anger seeing the two say the almost exact same things his not so forgotten lover from long ago and he had once said to each other. "They are a threat." Snow said bitterly to Seneca Crane on his way out.

Peeta grabbed aurelia tight as they kissed. he placed one hand firmly gripping her waist and the other in her hair supporting her head. aurelia held onto peeta's neck and cupped his cheek with her spare hand.

she had kissed only a few boys back in the capitol but nothing was like this. she felt like she was floating higher into the sky each second that they shared together. her knees almost felt weak and she pulled away just for a second to catch her breath in the slightest.

her action clearly upset peeta because he looked down at her and grabbed her and pulled her close again and interlocked their lips once more.

the two began to walk to the door not bothering to end their kiss. they (drunkenly) made their way down the stairs still kissing.

somehow they made it back to aurelia's room and even shut the door while still kissing. aurelia backed up against the door and left it there to support her. at this point she was incredibly out of breath and her heart was going a million beats per hour due to the fact that he was kissing her so passionately.

they broke the kiss for just a minute and aurelia let out a huge breath of air and closed her eyes to breathe in. "wow.." she whispered.

peeta smiled at her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. she smiled at him then turned her head away, hoping they would not continue the kiss.

peeta looked confused and she said to him, "i think we should stop.. it's late and we're drunk and we have to be ready for training tomorrow. you can you know, stay here though." she said, hoping to not make things awkward.

"okay." he smiled back at her.

aurelia climbed into the large and soft bed and crawled under the covers. peeta followed and scooted away from her to give her room and privacy in the bed. he didn't know why but he felt awkward sharing the bed with her even after what they just shared.

aurelia was facing the opposite way from him "i hope nothing is weird now, peeta. i really like you." she smiled in the dark room.

"never." he smiled back from the opposite end of the oversized bed.

"i'm scared of what's gonna happen" she whispered.

"don't be. we're here now." he scooted over to her and she scooted over to him.
she curled up against his chest and he held her tight and they both dozed off.

in the middle of the night aurelia was feeling hungover, or still drunk, she couldn't really tell. the room was a little too warm for her liking so she took off her shirt without even thinking.

a few hours later peeta ripped off his shirt too and threw it somewhere in the room. it was really hot in there.

the two somehow found their way back to holding each other, but now skin to skin.

they both dozed back off to somewhat pleasant dreams and stayed within one another's arms.

•///—•///—•///—•///—•///—•///—•///—•///—

a little bit after the sun began to rise the two were woken up by the sound of aurelia's bedroom door being busted open. "what the fu-" haymitch yelled, followed by a loud gasp from effie.

aurelia quickly shot up and screamed when she looked down and saw that she was only wearing a bra. she covered herself with the sheet to shield herself from haymitch and effie standing in her doorway.

she screamed again when she saw peeta next to her, shirtless and asleep. she looked back up to the doorway and let out the longest scream she ever had.

haymitch and effie looked around the room and pure shock grew upon effie's face, but haymitch started to laugh. they saw the clothes, the bottle of alcohol.. more like the empty bottle that once held alcohol and the two (naked? or not? (they couldn't see their bottom halves) teens in bed.

haymitch went over to pick up the bottle while peeta sprung out of bed and shouted. during all this madness aurelia found a random shirt on the floor and pulled it over, though it almost went down to her knees. she couldn't see her pants that she was wearing the night before on her body and she yelled again and jumped back and pointed at peeta.

"AHH!" she yelled.

"AHH?!" peeta screamed, almost as a response to aurelia.

"PEETA?! WHAT?! DID WE-.... AHHH!" she screamed again, in absolute disbelief.

"WHAT?! WHAT? No.. no no no we're good!" he laughed lightly.

"uhhh haymitch, effie, can you guys leave for a few minutes while we uhh.." peeta stumbled over his words, his cheeks growing red with embarrassment.

effie turned around and gulped and walked out of there swiftly. haymitch held up the bottle and said, "we're going to talk about this. this is very expensive and it was mine."

"peeta i am literally so confused and embarrassed right now.." aurelia buried her face into her hands and slowly lowered herself to the floor.

"we just kissed and slept next to eachother, i know we didn't do anything but i was worried that i.. that maybe i forgot or something? god i don't know." aurelia said in defeat.

"i remember what happened. we didn't-" he cleared his throat, "you know.."

"okay, good. good! oh my god, but peeta all of that was a mistake. i- can we just forget about it? like nothing ever happened." aurelia said with a smile.

"yeah sure.. like nothing ever happened." peeta said, but with a frown.

end of part 8

LOLLL THIS WAS WILD BUT I PROMISE ITS FOR THE PLOTTTT i don't really like to do spicy writing cause uhh but i thought this would be important for their bond developing during the story hahahaha