Chapter 9

Author's POV

The sky turned a darker shade and thunder illuminated from it making Ravena transport through the portal of her destiny. 

Ravena was shocked to the point that her whole body felt weak and she fell into the darkness of nothingness. Ave was excited, for the destiny has been changed. She could feel it and just hope that it was for the better.

The guards had all fainted while searching for someone they knew they couldn't catch now. Among them, was a man sitting in a dark room with only a small lamp as the source of light. He had a dark and mysterious smirk on his face, while his eyes displayed a dark hidden mystery beneath them.

"You may have changed the destiny my γόης (Enchanter). But you are mine. And I never let go of what's mine." The dark liquid stored in the glass held in his hands reached his lips and down his throat leaving a tingling feel on his tongue.

Nicol's POV (SURPRISEE;)

The sound of her laughter resonated like music through my mind. It felt like it was just yesterday when we three used to run under the sun, hiding away from the guards to go to our secret spot. 

I was never really nice to her though deep down I always had a sense of protectiveness for her. She always wanted to be my friend despite my coldness towards her. 

Her eyes felt so enchanting and the way she smiled with a dimple on her cheek could allure anyone now that I think about it. Now, it is just a memory though. A memory residing deep within my heart. 

Staring into the same crystal blue eyes as her, I gave him a nod and stood up. "But what about the protective orb surrounding it? And are you completely sure she is there?" I asked him not letting my emotions seep in through my words. 

"Yes, you see this necklace?" He asked showing me the ancient looking necklace which had the symbol of phoenix surrounded by a transparent glass giving it a mysterious vibe. "It has the powers of the most powerful witch of Siren. She was believed to be an original. I am not really sure as dad didn't disclose much information about this necklace powers or the one who made it. But it is connected to her. And her's to mine. It's just that the connection felt almost negligible since that awful day but recently, it feels as if our connection has awaken and is growing stronger every day." He told me with hope and determination shining through his eyes.

I know about the deep connection they hold which is way beyond anything I have ever saw before. It had always been like this. Even when they were kids, they had some kind of twin telepathy. It was like they could communicate with each other even without uttering a single world.

But after that god damn awful day, nothing was the same again. He stopped smiling. He was lost in some kind of dream world half of the time. But the nights were the worst. He frequently got nightmares of that day. The day he lost his other half and a piece of himself. 

Our king has also became much colder and ruthless ever since the incident. Every creature is scared of him. She was like the light in their life. And with her being gone now, nothing feels the same anymore.

If only I was with them that day. Maybe I could have stopped it from happening. She could have still been with us. If only..

Author's POV

Adrian and his father, Atesh were standing near the cliff located by the most beautiful waterfall garden of Siren. Siren had many magical waterfalls but something about this one made it stand out from others.

It had some kind of hypnotic pull to itself which always drew the father-son duo to it. This waterfall garden was a secret hideout located in their palace. Only a few selected people including them knew about this. 

"An inner voice you say, son? And he calls himself Ansel. Interesting. Do you know the meaning behind his name, son?" Atesh asked his son keeping a stoic expression with a glint of amusement shown in his eyes.

"Hmm, Ansel says to ask you about it as he also says that you very well know the meaning behind his name." Adrian replied with curiosity laced in his voice.

"Indeed, I know son. Just wanted to check something. The name Ansel means Divine Protection. Do you understand now why I asked you about the meaning behind his name. And it also explains his sudden..appearance in your life, or shall I say your mind perhaps?" He spoke with a twitch in his lips.

Atesh never lost hope about finding his little princess. He was disappointed in himself for not keeping a close eye on her even after knowing the threats which came with the twins being the heir and ones talked about in the prophecy. Though only a very few people know that the prophecy is talking about the twins.

He lost his smile since the day his princess vanished like thin air from his palace itself. He can't even imagine the horrors she must be facing right now. But they are super close to finding her as the twins 18th birthday is approaching soon. Their powers are becoming strong with each passing day. He can feel it.

"AAAHHHHH!!! DADDDDDDDD!!!" Adrian clutched his head tightly while his knees gave up on him. Atesh quickly rushed towards his son before he fell and caught him, "SON! What happened? Listen to my voice Adrian. Focus." 

"My twinny Dad. She is calling to us. I can feel our connection. Dad, she is calling to me. I need to go to her NOW." Adrian sobbed while holding his father tightly. 

"Are you 100% sure it's her son and you are not hallucinating?" Adrian asked still holding his son with a tense voice. "YES DAD. It's my twinny. It's her. Ansel is also saying the same thing and something about the destiny being changed. I guess it's time Dad" Adrian replied looking straight into his father's hopeful eyes with his teary one.

"Okay son. Then you know what to do." Saying this the father-son duo stood up. Adrian looked into his father's eyes and uttered the same words which will change their destiny. 

"Odigíste me sti moíra mou"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Helloooo my dear loveliesss...

Really very sorry for a short chapter.  I really didn't want to write the next part in this chapter.And did it feel very rushed. Please comment if u didn't like something about the chapter.

The next update will be published soon.. Hopefully 🤞😜

Till thennnn

Peace out.✌💜