Now when the walkers started coming through the prisoners actually managed to efficiently start taking them out alongside Cassie,Daryl,Rick and T-Dog. Cassie was fighting alongside the men when she heard a scream and turned to see Big Tiny having two walkers on him.

Rick made his way over to him quickly, stabbing one walker in the head but before he could reach the other one Tomas shot it in the head.

Cassie went face to face with Tomas ready to give him a piece of her mind. "Why the hell would you do that? Do you want to get us swarmed, next time use your damn brain cells if you have any"

Everyone around could see Tomas was fuming but before he could react everyones attention was brought to Big Tiny who was now bleeding from a walker scratch. Big Tiny kept insisting he was alright and he could keep fighting but both Cassie and Rick knew what needed to be done.

"I'm sorry but the positioning of it means theres nothing we can do" Cassie said and she felt slightly sympathetic seeing as Big Tiny had been pretty relaxed the whole time.

Big Tiny and the other prisoners kept coming up with idea after idea to try and save their friend  but the other survivors knew his time was up. Just as Cassie was about to speak to try and calm them all down Tomas came over from the side and took a swing a Big Tiny's neck.

Cassie met Tomas's eyes for a split second and she saw the madness in them before he started swinging repeatedly at Big Tiny's head over and over again. Blood had splattered all over the wall behind Tomas, Tomas himself and Cassie.

Once he finished he looked at the blonde with a sly smirk and asked "Happy now beautiful?" before he stormed off. Cassie took one look at Big Tiny's body before she too walked out along with everyone else.

They finally reached a room full of washers and dryers along with a few dead bodies. Behind a set of double doors the sounds of walkers groaning could be heard so Daryl threw Tomas his set of keys to open it up.

"Only open one door so we don't get overpowered" Cassie warned Tomas but a small part of her knew it was pointless as he would just do his own thing. And she was right as Tomas threw open both the doors.

"Sorry blondie but sometimes shit happens" he told her as they began fighting off all the walkers he let in. With one swing of his crowbar Tomas nearly full force hit Cassie in the face and from the look on his face she could tell he was angry to have missed so he used the only other weapon he could think of.

The next walker that came towards him Tomas took by its clothing and threw it into Cassie. The women of course had not been expecting this so dropped her spiked bat with a clatter and fell down with the walker on top of her. Rick saw this and rushed forward machete in hand killing the walker then pulling it off Cassie before then pulling her back up.

By now all the walkers had been killed by the group as Cassie approached Tomas and she was pissed. "Sorry beautiful but you know how it is, he was coming at me"

"No no don't worry i get it. Shit happens" Cassie replied giving him a sweet smile. That was enough for Tomas to lower his guard giving Cassie time to take the bat she had and swing it full force into his head. When his body hit the ground she gave him two more hard hits then took a few steps till her back hit the wall.

She barely registered what was going on around her as Andrew ran away being chased by Rick and T-Dog along with Daryl was getting the remaining prisoners on their knees. The next thing she knew it was only her Rick,T-dog and Daryl in the room.

Rick pulled her up and put his arm round his twins shoulders as they walked back to the main cell block. The silence made it clear Cassie was not wanting to discuss what she did. What she had to do.

When they returned Hershel was still out but there was no fever luckily. Lori saw her sister in law hanging back slightly so asked Carol to keep an eye on Carl before she took Cassie by the hand and led her out the cell door.

She led the blonde out towards a small shower block that had leftover towels from when they were helping Hershel and small bottle shampoo and body wash.

"Clean yourself up a bit.Don't worry i'll keep watch" Lori told her gently while handing Cassie a clean top to change into that Lori had taken from her bag.

So thats what Cassie did watching the water turn red as it washed away the blood before swirling down the drain. Cassie didn't feel guilty for what she did to Tomas it was more about how it changed her that was affecting her. But as the water rushed over her she felt her self coming back more and more. She just hoped some part of her old self would manage to stay alive in this cruel new world.

When Lori and Cassie arrived back with the group they looked into the cell block to see Hershel awake and talking with his daughters. Cassie took in a sigh of relief at the fact the old man was going to be okay before she walked away up the metal stairs to the perch where her and Daryl's mattress was set up.

She was tired after all the events that had happened that day so when her head hit the pillow it wasn't long before she was sleeping hopeful the next day would be better.