31

When Cassie opened her eyes she was looking up at the night sky lying on grass. The first thing she heard were someone's cries. As she went to sit up a sharp pain stabbed through her abdomen.She looked down to see blood slowly staining her T-shirt. She pressed her hand against the wound to stop it slightly as she stood up slowly groaning in pain and walked over to where she heard the cries coming from grabbing her gun from the grass beside where she had fallen.

When she looked down she saw Rick sobbing over a body. She walked over to see Shane's corpse lying in the grass. She also saw along with the bullet she had obviously shot at Shane Ricks knife stood up in his chest.

No one could tell what weapon killed Shane Walsh that night but it was one of the Grimes twins.

The thought that she had killed someone she used to consider a brother, someone she had been close to for may years, since middle school broke her. Sure in the past few days her hatred towards Shane had grown but there was always a part of her that knew deep down he was still the same Shane that drove her to school. The guy who signed her up for archery, skipped school with her, played pranks on her twin with her and the third musketeer in their trio.

But now they were a duo.

Cassie let out a cry of pain for Shane and the wound that was on her side. Rick looked away from Shane to see her standing there and ran to her holding her close to him as her knees gave in. She didn't care that as he hugged her tight her wound hurt more she just wanted her brother close to her.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry Rick" she cried out causing Rick to take her face into his hands "I killed him Im so so sorry"

"You saved me Cassie. It's okay" he comforted her letting her bury her head in his neck as he kept telling her that she was gonna be okay. Rick then rested his head on top of Cassie's sobbing himself his tears falling into her hair. The two Grimes twins held each other close on the grass under the stars as the mourned Shane. Even though they had fallen out they never wanted it to end like this.

Rick stood up first giving his sister a hand up noticing how she let out a hiss in pain as she did. He saw the blood seeping through her T-shirt and lifted it to see Shane's bullet had grazed her side.

"It hurts like a bitch but once I get it sown up I'll be good" Cassie told Rick trying to give him some comfort. Both their hands were covered in Cassie's blood as they took a final look at Shane's body.

"Dad? Aunt Cassie?" A frightened young voice called out causing them both to turn rapidly.

"Carl you- you shouldn't be out here.You know that" Cassie told him.

Carls eyes moved rapidly from his dads bloody hands, his aunts wound, to the corpse of a man he use to trust so much. They could see the scared look in  Carls eyes as he tried to take it all in.

Rick put his hands up as he slowly made his way to Carl when out of no where Carl took a gun out pointing it at his father. Before Cassie could say anything to Carl a shot rang out and Cassie turned to see Shane as a walker lying behind her with a bullet in his head.

Cassie didn't understand how Shane could have turned. He didn't have any bites or scratches on him so what the hell had happened. She was going to investigate it further when she heard Ricks voice calling her over.

She limped over to him before he put an arm round her waist so it would be easier for her to walk back to the farm.

"Are you bit?" He asked both of them as they walked.