23

As Cassie headed in the direction Carol had told her to go in in she noticed Lori coming towards her obviously having gone to see Daryl

"Hey Lori. Daryl up there?"

"Yeah although I think I've pissed him off" Lori told her with a small smile. "Just a small heads up"

"Okay thanks" Cassie replied walking past her sister in law towards the small camp Daryl had made for himself way away from everybody else.

When she finally reached him he was sat beside a small fire his back against a fragment of a brick wall sharping sticks into arrows. He seemed to be doing so furiously and although Cassie couldn't make it out clearly from where she was she thought she heard him mumble 'olive oil'.

"Hey" she greeted him announcing her arrival. He looked up from his job and grunted before going to back he was doing barely acknowledging the women's arrival. "You okay?"

Yet again all she got was a grumble in response which made her sigh. This wasn't the Daryl she had gotten to know. This was the Daryl that she met the first day he and his brother had arrived at the Atlanta camp.

"Please don't shut me out. I know finding Sophia was important to you an-"

She couldn't say anymore as Daryl had stood up from the log he was sat on and had pinned her between his arms her back against the wall.

"What the hell do you know!" He shouted "It's your fault she got lost out there in the first place!"

Cassie knew he didn't mean any of this. He was just angry about having put so much effort into finding the little girl for her to have been under their noses the whole time.

"Go ahead" was all she said to him making his face screw up slightly in confusion. "Your angry and I get that so go ahead, yell at me or shout in my face I don't care but I am not letting you pull away from me when you know I care about you and I know you care about me"

Daryl was slightly shocked at the women's words seeing how calm she was after he had shouted in her face like what he did. When he looked in her eyes he could see that she cared. However no matter how many times she said it he never really believed her.

She could see this so in order to try and show him she pulled him forward by the collar of his shirt and smashed their lips together. This kiss was more desperate then the ones they had shared before.This was her way of telling him how much she cared seeing as he wouldn't listen to her words.

His hands trailed down her body slowly resting underneath her thighs. He squeezed them slightly stoping kissing her to let her jump up and wrap her legs around him.

She pulled him into her again as the kiss deepened and grew more heated with every passing second. His tongue ran along her bottom lip opening them up to him. When she bit his lip slightly he let out a slight groan causing her to smile.