28

A few hours later after her walk Cassie walked into the farm house where the group were meeting to decide Randall's fate. If Cassie was being honest she couldn't care less but she had to be there anyway to support her brother when be made his decision.

Cassie walked in and leaned against the wall that was near where Rick was stood and he gave her a small nod and smile before turning to face everyone. Daryl was the last to arrive walking to the corner of the wall Cassie was leaned against leaning against it too.

As Lori walked in with Carl he stopped beside Cassie and Daryl as if they'd allow him to stay in the room while they decided wether or not they were gonna execute Randall.

Lori moved him on as he ran up the stairs before she took her place in between were Rick and Cassie were stood. No one spoke up for a minute until Glenn asked "So how do we do this? Just take a vote?"

"Does it have to be unanimous?"

"How about majority rules?" Lori suggested.

"Well let's just see where vertonet stands then we can talk through the options" Rick told the group.

"Well from where I sit there's only one way to Kobe forward"

"Killing him. Right? Why even take a vote it's clear which way the winds blowing" Dale said. Cassie knew out of everyone Dale would be the one to speak up to defend the boys life.

"Well If  people believe we should spare him I wanna know" Rick responded.

"Well I can tell you it's a small group....maybe just me and Glenn. Unless someone had a change of heart" Cassie didn't have to look up to know Dale was giving her his usual stare down so instead she kept her eyes on Glenn who shifted uncomfortably.

"Look I..I think your pretty much right about everything, all the time but this..."

"They've got you scared" Dale interrupted Glenn.

"He's not one of us. And we've lost too many people already" After Glenn spoke Dales attention turned to Cassie.

"Cassie I know you, you wouldn't go along with just killing someone. It's okay to speak up tell us what you think truly" Cassie hated the pressure Dale was putting on her and Daryl could tell from the way her body stiffened. 

"Dale so far all that he's done is cause trouble between us all. I just want all of this to be behind us so honestly I don't care if he lives or dies. But if there's even a slight chance he could bring his men back here to attack us I say we kill him" Dales face dropped after that "And I say that not wanting to kill another human but wanting to protect the people I care about"

After Cassie spoke she stepped back and leaned against the wall again subconsciously moving close to Daryl. As Cassie went to dig her nails into her palm from the nerves she felt over the whole situation she felt a bigger hand stop her and looked down to see her and Daryl's hands intertwined in a position that no one else would be able to see them. Daryl rubbed a thumb over the back of her hand in small circles as a way of comforting the blonde in no words.

"Well how about you? Do you agree with this?" Dale asked Maggie pointing with his hand that clutched his signature bucket hat tightly.

"Couldn't we continue keeping him prisoner?" Maggie asked with a small sigh.

"What's the point in that? That's wouldn't really be a life worth living" Cassie said.