26

Daryl stuck to his word so a few days later when Hershel decided that Randall would be fine on his own Rick and Shane headed out to leave Randall

Daryl stuck to his word so a few days later when Hershel decided that Randall would be fine on his own Rick and Shane headed out to leave Randall. Cassie and Rick still hadn't spoke since their argument each twin as stubborn as the other.

As Shane and Rick got ready to go out Daryl made his way towards Rick. Shane saw the approaching redneck and gave Rick some excuse about grabbing more water before he left leaving the two men alone.

"Just wanted to say good luck with the run" Daryl started Rick nodding his head in thanks "Also thought I'd tell you me and Cassie are going on a run. Just trying to distract her. She's worried for ya"

"Thank you. I appreciate it Daryl" Rick told the man patting his shoulder before leaving to get Randall. Daryl could tell from Ricks tone he meant it.

It wasn't till after Shane and Rick had left till Cassie walked over to Daryl who was leaning against the blue pick up truck ready for their run.

"Where are we going exactly?" Cassie asked as she put her bow,quiver and bag into the trucks bed.

"That sunshine is a surprise" Daryl told her putting his own bag and crossbow beside her stuff. They both climbed into the truck and after Daryl started it up he handed her a small box.

"What's this?" She asked him.

"Just open it"

Inside the box was a mixtape that would fit into the cars player. Cassie flipped the tape over in her hands seeing someone had written '80s mix' on it. Cassie was a firm believer of the fact that 80s music was the best and a huge smile instantly found it's way onto her face.

"Ye like it?" Daryl asked cautiously worried she wouldn't like it. When she turned to face him with the smile that she had that could make his insides turn to jelly.

"I love it. Thank you so much" she reached over the seat and kissed him quickly before pulling back and sliding the tape in as they began to pull out the farm. The first song they began to play was 'Time after Time' causing Cassie to gasp and start tapping her hands on the dashboard along to the songs opening beat.

When Daryl would glance away from the road ahead of them even though he didn't really need to pay attention as there were no other cars there he saw her lip syncing to the lyrics of the song.

The windows were down as they drove down the road the wind blowing Cassie's face as she laughed making her hair go crazy. "Ye love this song huh?" Daryl asked her.

"Yeah. It's one of my favourites. 80 music is the best"

"Never really listened to music before all this" Daryl told her causing Cassie to gasp and slap his shoulder "What the hell?" Daryl asked rubbing his arm.

"How can you not listen to music? God a life without music seems terrible"

"We'll how about you educate me sunshine?"