♛ Night Ninety-Eight

Almost absent, Ichika picks up her phone. 

'You were right. Kaname did show up but left when he knew that we released Hanabusa,' sounds Kaien's voice. 'I have no idea where he's going but it's not to the building from the society. I know that address.' 

She closes her eyes. I think I know. 'Thank you, Mister Cross.' 

'I must ask. Why do you keep calling me that?' 

'Simple, you are the president of the hunters but also a headmaster of Cross Academy. You are contradicting yourself by having two opposite positions. Are you against the vampires or are you supportive of us?' She uses her familiar and sees enough. 'I have to go, Mister Cross. Something came up.' She goes to the receptionist. Cleaning up after Kaname. 'I hope to be back within an hour. Hold my calls.' 

The guy can only nod, or she's gone. 

*** 

I have work to do, Kaname. I can't keep cleaning your mess. Arriving, Ichika sees the destroyed wall. I see you are here. So far, everything is going according to plan. 

Having what she came for, Sara stops in her tracks while eyeing her sister. 'Ichika.' She spits out. 'Here to stop me? You should have arrived earlier then.' 

'Hello, Sara.' Ichika sees her arm is missing. 'You need to stop playing with forces beyond your power. Now, you miss an arm. Is it worth it?' 

'Yes,' confirms Sara. 'Tell me, what's it like having to live without Takuma? You know he's with me, right?' 

Takuma is where he needs to be. 'What's it like to be a puppet on strings? Are you forgetting that I know you? I know what your plan is, and I won't let you succeed.' She collects herself within a second. 'Go, play your game, but now that I'm on to you. I'm here to stop someone else.' 

'So you are after Kaname. I've seen you with him. All lovey-dovey with him, cuddling, and kissing.' Sara knows what she saw. 

'You can't even tell a close friend from a relationship? How pathetic.' It's the first time Ichika is facing her sister. 'And after all this time, you have nothing better to say other than to criticize me? Not even so much as a simple hello.' 

'You kiss all your friends on the cheek?' Sara hears something coming from inside the castle. 

Ichika laughs. 'You don't even know the definition of a friend. That's why you always feel compelled to change people. You don't even want friends, you want servants, who will serve you anything and everything. Some things will never change, Sara.' Look at your long vintage dress, which has blood stains because of your ripped-off arm. And then me, a dress with a blazer for the office. We were always different. I follow the fashion trend a little while you are stuck in the past. 

'You're crazy.' Sara does see the difference in their fashion choice. 

'Not as crazy as you are, Sara.' Ichika checks with the time. 'If you don't hurry up and leave, Kaname will see you.'  

Sara huffs. 'So you're not here for me. I should've known.' 

'You are aware that Hanadagi is coming, right? I can see him behind you.' Ichika smiles seeing Sara teleporting away from him. 

'I'm not done with you yet, Ichika. I'll see you some other time.' Sara disappears, leaving her sister behind. 

'Lovely lady, are you here to give your blood to me.' 

Ichika grabs Hanadagi's hand. 'No, and I'm a Pureblood like yourself. You can not demand anything from me.' She sees the hole in his chest. 'However, I can help you with something else. Kaname is on his way and do you wish to face him?'