♛ Night Six

Ichika can hear the commotion outside the dorm.  

Hanabusa gets excited. 'They seem to be getting crazier by the year.'  

Takuma looks up hoping to see Kaname. 'At least behave, Hanabusa. Last year, you asked a girl from the Day Class what her blood type is. Which you asked Ichika yesterday, or am I wrong?'  

'Maybe I'll make a tradition out of it.' Hanabusa smiles.  

'I prefer you don't.' Kaname picked it up and his eyes landed on Ichika. The woman that piqued his interest. Besides books, she carries some chocolate boxes, and he wonders who will receive one. And if it will be the same chocolate that he received.  

Ichika can't help but notice that they always have to wait for him. 'Can I ask you a question?'  

Kaname nods as if to give her permission.  

'Are you fashionable late or is it something else? It seems like they're always waiting for you when it should be the other way around. Especially since you are the president of the Moon Dorm and, therefore, responsible to make sure everyone is ready to get to class.' Ichika formulates it carefully.  

'Hold your tongue!' Hanabusa loses his temper by hearing the question.  

'You should show Lord Kaname more respect...'  

'Will you two be quiet and let Lord Kaname handle it,' interrupts Akatsuki Ruka. 'It's not like she insults him. All that I hear is nothing more than curiosity. Also, the question was for him.' He finds it annoying that Hanabusa jumps on anything the woman asks. He even realizes that Ichika's body language is open and a faint smile on her lips.  

Kaname knows that it was a bold move to ask such a thing in front of everyone else. He pushes Ruka aside and moves Hanabusa out of the way. 'Your argument might be solid, but I did have a few things to do before class. We need to leave because the students of the Day Class are waiting for us.'  

*** 

After the gate opens, Ichika sees the students lined up with smaller gates. There's a door with her name on it and a few students are there waiting.  

'Alright ladies, keep it organized, please.' Yuki has a whistle in her hand.  

Ichika knows that she won't get a chance and she uses it. She throws one box to Zero, who catches it easily. 'I've been meaning to thank you.'  

Zero never expected to get anything. Let alone from a student from the Night Class. Still, he does know that the woman is human. That is one thing he doesn't understand. 'Fine.'  

'Yuki, you too. Thank you.' Ichika hands a small box to her.  

'Why does Yuki get something from a Night Class student?'  

'Always her, it's not fair.'  

Yuki bows. 'Really, it was nothing but thank you.' She puts the box in her pocket. 'Ladies, remember, keep it organized. And you, the Night Class, please accept the chocolate from them.' She blows her whistle and sees that every student goes to their designated gate door.  

Hanabusa joins the girls. 'Thank you.'  

'You really are beautiful and kind. Please, accept my chocolate, Ichika.'  

Ichika nods. 'Thank you very much.'  

'Mine too.'  

'And mine.'  

'Gentlemen, please, I love chocolate, and I will gladly accept all of them. No need to push.' Ichika smiles at them and even poses for a photo with someone.  

'Will you accept mine too.' A man bows. 'I'm Kasumi, the class representative.' He quickly introduces himself. More because Ruka declined this chocolate.  

*** 

In class, Ichika knows that she will get the result back from her last week of tests. She received a message from Ami about a few photoshoots.  

'Ichika, nicely done.' The teacher gives back the test.  

Automatically, Ichika's eyes wander off to the corner to see her score.  

Takuma shows up next to her. 'Is that the test about history you took earlier?' He helped her with the right books in the library.  

'Yes.' Ichika shows him the test.  

'A perfect score. The books must have been a great help.' Takuma smiles and yet feels eyes on his back. 'Well, if you need any help, just let me know.' When he goes back to his seat, he witnesses Hanabusa following his every move. 'Knock it off, if you like her that much then ask her out. Unfortunately for you, you see everything in black and white. So I doubt you have any chance.'  

'What does that have to do with it?' Hanabusa crosses his arms.  

'Oh please, either you seem to be flirting with her, or you resent her for being rude to Lord Kaname. Make up your mind.' Senri has seen it.  

Rima hands him chocolate. 'Time to eat.'  

Kaname looks at his book but his mind is elsewhere. There is something about Ichika and in some way she has something familiar. It's like he knows her but his history goes so far back that he doesn't know where to begin.  

*** 

Kaname goes straight to the headmaster's office. Where he knocks on the door and goes inside. Strictly out of politeness, but the office is empty. 'Of course, he's in bed.' He searches through the books and journals he can find but comes up empty-handed. 'Nothing about Ichika.' He supports his head with his hand on the desk. He tries the registration forms and looks for her file. Leaning against the bookcase, he reads it. 'Ichika Hirawa, seventeen years old, born in Japan in a mid-class family, and became a model at the age of twelve.' It's the standard information that is needed to register for the academy. He puts everything back where he found it and leaves the office.  

'Pureblood or not, you have no business in the headmaster's office if he's not there himself.' Zero saw a light and checked it out.  

'What I needed to know could not wait until tomorrow.' Kaname doesn't explain much. He leaves because he doesn't owe Zero any explanation. 'Must be quite tasking to go to the academy during the day and patrolling at night. You should go to bed.'

☙❧