Don't Forget The Coffee! -Chapter 8

Damian realized that this had to be Mount Justice. He had only been to the abandoned Justice League base once in his lifetime, but now, it was pretty obvious that this was where he was. He started off in the direction Grayson had come from, and from there, he began to navigate through the long corridors.

Judging from the conversation between the other two boys he had overheard, Grayson had already left the interrogation room where the imbeciles are being questioned. It was only Mount Justice — shouldn't be too hard to find. Damian raced down the hallways, running past a small living area with a mini kitchen. Several dirty dishes were scattered about the place, and for some reason, the stove had been left on, unattended. Alfred would be very displeased. Damian doubled back and silently stalked over, pressing the button to turn off the stove before continuing on his way. It was simply in his best interest to refrain from letting the League burn down their own base with their negligence until he finds his moronic siblings.

After a minute more, he ran into what he assumed was the Justice League's main strategy room. It was big enough to fit the entire league plus a few more, and on the back wall he noted that there were several Zeta pods lined up in a row. Damian would likely need to use those to escape once he had secured the others. He turned his head towards one of the passages branching from the room and narrowed his eyes.

It looked like the interrogation rooms would be that way, next to where the holding cells were. He darted off in that direction. After about a minute, he managed to spot the long line of rooms built into the rock of the mountain, and above them, an air vent. The opening was much too small for Todd or Grayson to fit through, but not for Damian. He smiled.

Damian hoisted himself up to the vent, and after disabling the motion scanner, swiftly made his way inside. Honestly, this place had less security than Alfred's kitchen pantry. This was child's play. Damian crawled into the vent that would lead right above the interrogation rooms. He had to act fast, because Grayson would be coming to and calling his comrades for help any moment now.

There seemed to be about three rooms, but he could hear voices coming from only one of them. He narrowed his eyes as he silently moved closer.

Damian didn't make out words of the interrogation until he was right above the vent and could look down directly at them. "-and you will tell me now," were the first words Damian could make out. It was an Atlantian. Again, from the earlier conversation, he could infer that this was the 'Kaldur' they spoke of.

"Ahh, well, I don't really feel like it... What can you get me in return for this information?" Todd said smoothly. He had both his legs up on the metal table, despite having to lean forward because his arms were bolted to the same table. But he still wanted to look cool.

The Atlantian crossed his arms. "What do you want?"

Hood tilted his head like he hadn't thought that far. Damian scoffed silently. Didn't even plan it out. Timothy pitched in himself. "I'll have a triple espresso and he'll have a latte."

"You're kidding right?" The man seemed baffled.

Hood shrugged his shoulders. "No, he really isn't. Trust me, the brat lives off that stuff. You better make it a double."

The Atlantian rubbed his hand down his face. "Do you really think that-" He was interrupted by a sound coming from his wristwatch. It was some kind of communicator, probably similar to the one that Damian had fried on Grayson's arm when he sliced it with his knife. Kaldur's brow furrowed at whatever he read on it and stood up from his place at the interrogation table, "I'll be back. I hope you will be more compliant when I do."

"Wouldn't count on it," Jason called out.

He was followed by Timothy's "Don't forget the coffee!"

Tim, Damian, and Jason all didn't move for a solid four seconds after the door closed. The moment that time was up and they were sure this was their chance, everyone started moving. Damian began silently undoing the vent while Hood swung his legs over to the side, landing them across Tim's lap before reaching into his boot.

"Was that really necessary?" Tim rolled his eyes, trying to shove his brother's legs off his lap to no avail.

"Give me a break, dumbass, I need a better angle to undo the locks." Hood pulled out a lock pick from the sole of his boot.

"You really don't... You're just doing this to piss me off."

"Well if you don't shut up, Fish Boy will be back before we can escape. I parked my motorcycle near the museum and I want to get back before it gets stolen." Hood was fiddling with the lock. Damiain could imagine his tongue sticking out in concentration under his helmet.

Timothy rolled his eyes. "We're from Gotham, it was stolen hours ago. Even if it does have your logo on it." He then reached across the table, trying to grab the lock's from Hood's gloves. "Just let me do it."

"No, these are my lock picks, get your own." Hood pulled his hands away.

Damian rolled his eyes at the pair's bickering, and undid the last latch of the vent, landing squarely on the center of the table, making them both jump slightly. "You two are imbeciles." He threw his knife down onto the table and broke the chain. "Let's go. I need to feed my pets and I don't trust Father or Grayson enough to do so." Damian walked off the table, landing gracefully on the floor before heading in the direction of the electronic door lock.

With Damain's back turned Hood leaned into Timothy's space. "I knew he was there the whole time," he whispered.

"No, you didn't," He responded.

---

Notes:

Beta Read by Arvensia! Thanks again

lol, now all they need to do is get out of the room and escape the mountain without anyone noticing... How hard can that be?

Thanks so much for your amazing comments on everything! I had a hard time writing this chapter and was really unsure about it to the point of almost not posting, but I knew a lot of people would be disappointed if I didn't do more, especially with all that I had planned. So now I have this and we should be getting more in the future! Thanks again to everyone's kind words, memes, and inspo comments! They help so much! <3

I hope everyone has a great week and a great Christmas!