An Interrogation Attempt -Chapter 5

Tim groaned as his eyes flickered open. All of this blacking out in one day was sure to cause problems. But that's tomorrow Tim's problem. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the light of wherever he was. Wrapped around his wrists were cuffs, they were tight and they bit into his skinny. The cuffs lead down and were attached to the top of a heavy metal table that was definitely bolted to the ground. He was sitting on a chair made of the same material as the table and across from them on the wall was a mirror.

It was an integration room.

It only took a quick glance to his side to notice that Jason was sitting next to him in the same predicament, looking at him with his head cocked to the side. Jason for some reason still had his helmet on which was strange. You would think that these guys would have taken it off when they were detained. But then again Tim's domino was still attached to his face as well. "Rise and shine sleeping beauty." Hood sounded amused.

Tim tried to shake his head to throw away the sleep. He had only been knocked out like that twice and both times had been- "Martian?" Tim asked.

Jason nodded. "Martian."

Tim took another moment to scan their surroundings. "Where is Robin?"

"Not sure," Jason growled. "But I want to find out. No one has come in to talk to me yet."

Tim crooked an eyebrow. "How long were you up before me?"

"About three minutes."

Tim sighed. "are you really that impatient?"

"Are you really that annoying?"

Tim was about to speak up again when the door to the left of them opened with a hissing sound from an electric door lock. Both of their heads shot up to look at the noise. Walking into the room first was a taller man with strange black tattoos trailing down his arms. A quick look at the gills on his neck and you could immediately tell the man was Atlantean. Not that Tim recognized him though.

And following behind him was the young bird himself. Looking at him at this age reminds Tim of the time when he first met Dick. Back when he was still at the circus, and Tim met him as a child. Dick couldn't be older than fourteen right now.

Jason started talking. All downhill from here. "Alright, whatcha want with us."

The Atlantean stepped up first. "What are you doing infiltrating our base?"

Tim spoke up. "Would it help if we didn't know it was your base?"

The man narrowed his eyes. "No, it would not."

"I can see you're the life of the party." He could feel Jason roll his eyes.

Tim could see Dick's eyes scan back and forth over them. His eyes are drawn to the symbols they possess. Jason's red bat on his chest and Tim's bird logo on his. "Who do you work for?" Robin blurted out walking closer almost pushing the Atlantean away.

Jason leaned forward. "Wouldn't you like to know boy wonder."

Tim elbowed Jason in the side. "We don't want to escalate things." He hissed.

"They knocked us out with mind control and tied us to a table before sending in some children to harass us. I can say whatever I want."

Tim sighed. "Sorry about him." Jason scoffed like he was offended. "We were not trying to steal any information and were unaware that this base was still operational."

"Then why were you here?" Robin was now leading the interrogation. He had both hands on the table in front of them and was leaning forward. Getting more into Jason's face than he was Tim's.

"I already told you Dickface." Jason retorted.

Tim could see Dick freeze for a second and the random sort of name drop. Though it could be used as a normal insult all the time. Jason used it most often on patrols when he want to both poke fun at Dick and also get around the no-names in cape's rule.

Dick very clearly tried to brush off the 'name-calling' and didn't give much of a reaction to it. Unless you knew Dick well enough to see the slip-up. "I know." He continued. "You said that you fought a man in orange and blue. And when you shot him, you were shot back. Then you were just... here." Dick waved his hand to the side. "Do you think I'm gonna believe that without more explanation?"

Jason leaned back. "I mean that's what happened, not much more I could tell you." If he could put his feet on the table he would.

Dick was getting annoyed at the lack of answers and looked over to Tim, who had been more helpful. Honestly, it was pretty funny to see Dick getting annoyed at not being answered. "Yeah, he described it pretty well. It all happened in a blur you see." Tim continued.

The Atlantean stepped forward again. "How about we go back to some more questions."

"Good idea." Tim agreed. "I'll start. Where is Robin?" His eyes narrowed.

The Atlantean looked puzzled and looked over at Dick, who also had a semi-surprised/confused look on his face but tried to keep it neutral.

Jason sighed. "Not this robin. The kid we came with. About 4'6" little brat." He raised his hand as high as he could off of the table making a hight line with his hand. "Same name but not to be confused with dickie bird over here." He nodded his helmet in Dick's direction.

Dick narrowed his eyes staring directly at Jason's helmet. He could feel the aggression rising up in the boy. The man placed his hand on Dick's shoulder to calm him down, when Dick looked up at the Atlantean he nodded towards the door. An obvious 'get out of here before you punch one of them.'

Robin growled slightly under his breath and pushed himself back away from the table, his cape flowing behind him as he walked over to the door scanning himself out. After Robin left the Atlantean turned to address Jason and Tim. "Your friend is in the infirmary guarded by Kid Flash and Superboy. He was unconscious when we found him. He will remain unharmed if that is what you are worried about."

Jason scoffed, but gave no other retort. The Atlantean leaned forward again. "Now, if you please, who are you?"

---

Notes

Next chapter we are going to be checking in on our resident baby bat and what he has been up to, lol. Let's see where this goes. XD

Sorry for the wait. But I have been sick with a horrible cold the last few days and ended up missing both classes and work. And because I can't leave the house I thought I should update some of my things. Love you all. I'll try to post more often on my smaller stories, I promise.

Please tell me what you thought of this chapter and if you have any suggestions/what you think will happen next! (I love all of the crack ideas! They are just all so good) XD