I open the bathroom door to see him waiting patiently on the edge of the bed for me, his eyes lighting up as he sees me. His eyes rake over me like he was starving. It made me feel wanted. I smile as I slowly turn and spin for him so he can see everything. "God, you're so perfect, Julia," he groaned.

I walk up to him, stepping in between his legs and wrapping my arms around his neck. "All yours, baby." His hands roamed my body, feeling every curve as if he hadn't done it before.

"I hate that I'm just gonna have to take this off you. It looks so perfect on you." He tugs on the cup of the bra, making my breast spew out of it. His finger flicks over my hardening nipple, and my body seems to light up at his touch. Suddenly, I'm not tired anymore, and he has my full attention.

-

Miles skipped his morning run, deciding that if we had sex, he'd burn more calories since his thigh was sore from getting tackled in the game today.

I had just gotten out of the shower when he hurriedly walked into the bathroom. "You're gonna hate this," he says wide-eyed, not even looking down to see my body barely wrapped around the towel.

"What?" I say, putting down the brush.

He sucks his bottom lip in before running a hand through his golden blonde hair, "My parents are here." My jaw drops, and I grab the edge of the countertop before I melt, "I know, I know. I didn't know they were coming, I swear."

I blink a few times before taking a deep breath, "Tell them I'll be out in like ten. I just need to dry my hair."

He walks toward me, planting a kiss on my forehead, "You'll be fine. I promise. They're not mean."

He leaves, and I stare at myself in the mirror. Shit. Shit. Shit. Why does something always happen whenever I come to this man's house?

I take a deep breath, staring at my bare face. I definitely won't have time to put any makeup on. Maybe just mascara will do.

Parents are typically easy to talk to. I have to speak with a lot of people for my job. Yeah, I'll be fine.

I dry my hair in a record of six minutes, but it's still a little damp underneath. It'll have to do for today. I slip on a pair of denim shorts that, thankfully, aren't too short and a Nashville t-shirt I cropped myself. It shouldn't show my stomach, hopefully. I added a stroke of mascara to my eyes to make my lashes longer and darker.

Okay. I can do this. Now or never. Not that I have much of a choice.

I walk out of Miles's bedroom and find his parents standing around the island table in the kitchen. They all turn their eyes to me as I get closer, and Miles grabs me, pulling me to him. "Mom, Dad, this is Julia. Julia, these are my parents, Mike and Rebecca."

I reach my hand out to theirs and shake it, "it's nice to meet you," I greet with a smile.

"Likewise. How long have you two been together?" His mother asks, almost feeling like she was sizing me up.

I look up at Miles, "He asked me to be his girlfriend about two weeks ago."

He nods, and his mother stares at him, "I guess that's why you haven't said a word about her then." My eyes widened as her claws seemed to come out. Should I be upset that he didn't tell his mother about me? I haven't told my parents either. I told my mother I was seeing someone, but nothing more.

Miles clears his throat as he stands taller, "Well. I haven't had a chance to call you. You know how my schedule is. Julia is a photographer for the Titans."

His dad crosses his arms, "Impressive. How'd you make it to the NFL?"

"I've been a sports photographer for the past two years at Vanderbilt after I graduated. Then I met Miles, and he said I should apply to work for the Titans, and somehow it all came to be."

"We met at the Nashville Nurturer's charity event. Her best friend's father is the founder," Miles adds.

Not going to mention the actual place we met, Miles? Scaredy cat. Although, I would have said the same thing. I'd never admit we met in a strip club.

His mother lights up, "Well, that is just fabulous. You know, those pictures created a great image of you. It had the world talking." She then looked at me, "Caroline always had Miles in the spotlight, getting him more attention. She's the reason he is what he is now. I miss that girl sometimes."

I purse my lips and nod. Of course, she does. Of fucking course she does. She must have loved Caroline. Helping her son become famous.

Miles's grip on me tightened at her words, "You do remember she cheated on me in my own bed with another man, then got pregnant, right?"

"I know. I just always thought you guys would live happily ever after." His father says nothing and shakes his head slightly. Was he disappointed they didn't end up together or disappointed with what his wife just said?

I rock back and forth on my feet, uncomfortable with the situation. "Is there a reason you've come to Nashville?"

His mother clings to Miles's father, "We are headed to Memphis for an event at Graceland. We just wanted to stop and see our prodigy son. We won't stay any longer if we want to get there before dark."

Miles steps away from me to hug his father. They looked like replicas, except his father's hair was graying, and it lacked the curl Miles's hair had. They bid their goodbyes, leaving me frozen in the same spot, still staring at where they stood.

Miles walks up to me from behind, wrapping his arms around me. "Sorry about that." He kisses my neck gently, and I relax into his touch.

"I thought you said she was nice," I half-jokingly say.

He sighs, resting his jaw on my head, "She is. She just needs to get to know you. She probably thinks you're a gold digger."

"Should have mentioned you were the one chasing me."

He laughed, "Is that what you think?" He turns me around in his arms.

"I know so. I didn't want to get involved with you. I thought you'd break my heart."

He scoffs, "I'll never break your heart, Jules." He pushes my hair behind my ear so he can see my face fully.

I rest my head against his shoulder, "I'll try to believe you."