C 28 - Together Again

💚-🌸-🎍-💚

I raised my head as I felt Lloyd's sheets shift beside me. I woke up and rubbed my eyes, careful not to rub the mascara on my fingers.

Lloyd's eyelids twitch and he goarned. I smiled, at least he was improving. Finally, after about 2 minutes, Lloyd woke up.

"Had a night beauty sleep?" I teased like the best friend I am. Lloyd stared up at the ceiling and blinked a few times, his expression unreadable even in my expertise. After a few heartbeats, his eyes met with mine, whatever tension that was bothering him vanished and the cheery brightness returned to his eyes.

"Harumi!" He shot up and immediately goarned at the sudden string of pain. I akwardly got up from where I was sitting next to him and helped him up.

"Wha—?" Lloyd tore away his bed sheets. His right shoulder —which was dislocated previously— and his arms were bandaged and Lloyd was fitted into some black shorts, one of his ankles in bandages as well. It hurt to see him so banged up, but I guess letting go of his dragon-samurai powers showed up his wounds.

"Does it still hurt?" I asked conserned, I was relieved to see most of the pain leave Lloyd's face and his adorableness return again.

"Its fine" Lloyd replied as he inspected his shoulder and the other bandages. I sighed and got up and sat on his bed.

"Wait— Skylor?! Kai?? The rest of the ninja?!?—" Lloyd was once again cut offas he held his shoulder.

"Calm down, you're not fully healed yet. It will only worsen"

"You're right" Lloyd went red with embarrassment and looked away. I reached and ruffled up his hair to raise up the morale.

"Where's Kai??" Lloyd said, his tone alarmed.

"He did come by after and before school, he left about 2 hours ago"

Lloyd sighed and a smiled tugged his lips, I guess it was a relief to know he was okay.

"How long was I out and what happened?" Lloyd said as he sat next to me on the side of his bed, his feet not quite touching the floor just yet. I ran my fingers along my hair as I thought of a way to explain exactly.

"You were unconscious for three days," I said holding up the number of fingers. Lloyd nodded as in that he understood where I was going. I continued,

"Skylor was admitted to the hospital, but the police won't tell us what they were going to do with her. We presented the evidence about her playing in Kai's grades and he gave me a call today at school saying he's grade mess was sorted out and he just had to go through one last test today for that," I look a breather as I gathered my thoughts,

"Do continue"

"Okay, the most difficult part was convincing your dad," I paused as a misty look passed over Lloyd,

"...yeah...father...."

"Let me finish. Garmadon, was confused at first but I guess...—" I stopped as Lloyd's hand went over to his hair where he used to tie it back with his family heirloom.

"It's gone isn't it?"

"But it was for a good cause" I tried to be positive. I knew it was the only thing he had of his uncle and of his father's mistakes, something which caused a lot of suffering but still saved a lot of lives.

"Your right...but..."

"You wised you could've done something much more worth of that pain, yeah, I know" I finished his thoughts. Lloyd's eyes briefly held some suprise in them but were quickly over shadowed with admiration as he looked at me.