33

After my conversation in the kitchen, I entered the great hall where the others were all gathered, sitting on the large sofas and armchairs arranged in a U-shape around the gigantic fireplace, chatting as they stared spellbound at the two glowing eggs.

"What are you doing?" I asked curiously, they all looked so tense.

"Watching the eggs." Mingi explained without looking up at me.

"That's what I always do when I bathe with my companions." I mumbled.

"What?" asked Namjoon with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" I raised my shoulders innocently, earning a giggle from Jungkook, who took me by the hand and pulled me onto his lap.

"Uhhh our queen has a sense of humor..." Jin laughed too.

"What are you talking about, Y/nie is a very funny person... we always laughed a lot... She only got grumpy when they slaughtered her family and half her people." Jackson defended me, which is why I gave him a loving smile.

"And why are we looking so intently at the eggs now?" I asked Kookie, who pressed his chest against my back and pressed his face into my neck.

"They wiggle every now and then and Namjoon said that's another sign... They'll probably hatch today." he explained and I screwed up my face into an excited glow.

"Really? That fast?" I looked questioningly at Namjoon, who nodded proudly.

"These are very special baby dragons. Look, even the black patterns on the eggs are getting bigger and bigger," he explained.

"I say the green one hatches first!" Mingi exclaimed excitedly.

"Nope, the orange egg started wobbling first. Our son is the first." Jungkook disagreed and just as he had finished speaking, our egg cracked.

"Here we go." Jin, who was sitting next to us, clawed his fingernails into Jungkook's thigh and he accidentally bit my neck.

"Yah... stop it, I want to see our child hatch without getting a boner because you'll have to start biting." scolded Namjoon softly. Jungkook and Jin looked apologetically at the dragon before turning our attention back to the egg as it cracked louder and louder.

"And we really don't have to pick another name for our baby?" asked Jungkook, squeezing my hand tightly as a piece of the shell fell to the ground.

"No need, dragons already have a name, it's been decided for generations." Namjoon said and took Jungkook's other hand when he saw how nervous our fairy was getting.

"Our baby..." Jackson exclaimed as cracks appeared in the green egg. It was really exciting, a head-to-head race... We all held our breath as we heard restrained cursing from inside the orange egg.

"Yah... you stupid shell, I'll kick your ass.... Wuhaaa take that... Roundhousekick.... hah" cried a little child's voice inside, triggering fits of giggles. The bowl fell apart completely and the little orange dragon, its scales covered all over with beautiful black ornaments, paused in its movement.

"Um... Yahhh... what kind of gathering is this. Ever heard of hatching a dragon being a private thing? And you're sitting here having a tea party while you gawk at me? Are you helicopter parents or what?" The little one looked at us challengingly and I couldn't stop myself from bursting out laughing.

"How cute are you?" I asked him and he came over to me, looked at me curiously before smelling me.

"Eomma...I'm not cute... I'm strong... and smart..." he rubbed his cheek against me and immediately tagged me.

"You're cute, strong and smart." Jungkook stroked his little head and he was tagged too.

"Isn't it just the companions who mark?" asked Jin, on whose lap he now jumped.

"No, we also mark our parents so that we always recognize our families immediately," explained the little one, who really came across as quite clever and cheeky. He licked Jin's face, probably wanting to mark him extra hard because of his question, which made him laugh and try to escape his tongue.

"I have so many appas... never before has a dragon had so many appas... " rejoiced the little one, who now rose and flew to Namjoon. they rubbed their heads together and it sounded as if they were purring. Then there was another crash and the little one flew to the green egg.

"Yah, Seonghwa... watch out when you come out, our families are egg peepers." He shouted into the egg.

"Are you surprised, Yeosang? They carried us around all day when we were still in here... I almost got shaking trauma when I fell off my appa." a sweet little voice sounded from inside and an eye appeared behind the hole in the shell, blinking and looking around.

"You dropped our child?" Mingi scowled at Jackson, who grinned apologetically.