20

"Y/N... can you please come with me?" a panicked Jackson interrupted our romantic moment.

"Jack... what happened, you're so pale?" I asked worriedly.

"Mingi... he wanted me to turn him, but he started glowing so fast, that isn't normal" his words made Jin wheel around to him and he quickly grabbed my cousin by the shoulders.

"Where is he now?" he asked with clear fear in his voice.

"I-in my... Room." stuttered the normally disciplined army commander. Jin stormed past him and ran to Jackson's bedchamber, with us following him. Mingi had really taken to Jin, they had bonded so quickly, it was kind of cute.

"Don't worry too much, Jack... Dragons are just naturally pretty hot. And it's normal for the temperature to go up when the transformation starts," I reassured him on the way. When we arrived in his room, Jin was already sitting by the bed holding MIngi's hand.

"Bring water and tissues, I'll take care of him." Jin said as soon as he noticed us and Jackson ran into his adjoining bathroom, where he got everything he needed and put it on the bedside table next to Jin.

"Jackson, don't stand there, I need you to lie with him, preferably skin to skin, and let him drink some of your blood to make it easier for him." I ordered my cousin and he immediately followed my request, lying down next to his new companion and taking him carefully in his arms while he mumbled to himself in a feverish delirium. It was in the language of the dragons, so we didn't understand anything.

"Should we call Namjoon?" asked Jin, who looked at Mingi doubtfully as his temperature continued to rise. Jackson was already squirming uncomfortably, beads of sweat on his forehead from cuddling with a heated dragon that was about to turn into a vampire. It seemed to glow behind Mingi's forehead, a golden glow could be seen around his face and Jackson couldn't take it any longer and bit his wrist before letting thick drops of blood run into Mingi's mouth, which he licked up greedily. But instead of the hoped-for drop in temperature, it rose even further and small clouds of smoke came out of Mingi's nose, while the glowing of his skin increased in intensity until Jackson's blanket caught fire, which I quickly pulled out of the bed and extinguished, while Jackson was already getting blisters on the arms with which he held Mingi, not letting go of him despite the obvious pain... the bond between them seemed strong. I was proud of my only surviving family member, no matter how hard it got, he wouldn't let go of his companion, even though the bond hormones were only weakly produced by them so far.

"Everyone out of here, now!" shouted a worried Namjoon, who had appeared in the doorway. He still looked tired, but he was telepathically connected to his brother, so he knew things we didn't, and so I pulled both Jin and Jackson out of the room by their hands, just in time, because Mingi's glow had probably reached its zenith, he reared up in bed and disappeared in a ball of fire, leaving Jackson's bed a pile of ashes. The light became so bright that I had to close my eyes, but when I opened them again, there was a noble dragon sitting where the bed had just been. Its scales shone onyx black, but at the ends of the scales they shone blood red, which made it look extraordinarily beautiful. Jackson walked up to him in awe, stroking his dragon snout before pressing himself against the dragon and trying to hug him, which didn't work with the massive dragon body, so Mingi finally seemed to think it was a good idea to change into his human form, which he did. The two of them held each other and we decided to give them some privacy, but there was one thing that needed to be done urgently...

"Jin, can you please let the janitor know that these two need a new bed? Preferably fireproof."